outlook expresse error

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Gary, Jun 20, 2004.

  1. Gary

    Gary Guest

    Hi

    I have just installed windows 2000 and had back up email per Mike using the
    fallowing software per the link below

    I restored the emails but when now opening outlook express I receive the
    fallowing error message

    Outlook Express could not be started. The application was unable to open the
    outlook message store. Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is
    full. contact Microsoft support for further assistance. (0x8007000E, 5)

    Selected ok to continue

    send message is

    Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be
    initialized. outlook express may not be installed correctly.

    pressed OK to continue

    I have just done all the updates and latest patches. this is my 1st time
    opening outlook on the machine

    the hard drive is not full 18.6G with 16.9 free
    the memory is 326,128 KB ram

    any suggestions????

    I am totaly lost.

    Gary, Jun 20, 2004

  2. Gary

    Neil B Guest

    "Gary" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I have just installed windows 2000 and had back up email per Mike using

    the
    > fallowing software per the link below

    > I restored the emails but when now opening outlook express I receive the
    > fallowing error message
    >
    > Outlook Express could not be started. The application was unable to open

    the
    > outlook message store. Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is
    > full. contact Microsoft support for further assistance. (0x8007000E, 5)
    >
    > Selected ok to continue
    >
    > send message is
    >
    > Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be
    > initialized. outlook express may not be installed correctly.
    >
    > pressed OK to continue
    >
    > I have just done all the updates and latest patches. this is my 1st time
    > opening outlook on the machine
    >
    > the hard drive is not full 18.6G with 16.9 free
    > the memory is 326,128 KB ram
    >
    > any suggestions????
    >
    > I am totaly lost.

    Your prob is a corrupt store folder/file within. Delete it from the
    identites folder and run OE. It will now load. try a import again. may nail
    the fault. if not, the backup you made is stuffed.

    the quick and reliable way of backing up is just to locate the identity/OE
    mail folder, and copy it off. That can be re-used to import to a new/other
    pc install.

    Kind Regards
    Neil B - Redditch - www.nells.org.uk
    Live Life in the Fast Lane - www.blueyonder.co.uk

    Neil B, Jun 20, 2004

  3. Gary

    Gary Guest

    neil

    thanks but 2 things

    1 i could not open the OE

    2 i could nto use a back up method because the pc was on win ME and had some
    probelms and was also locking up and would not allow me to do so

    Gary, Jun 20, 2004
  4. Gary

    °Mike° Guest

    And you don't think this could be related to your
    current problem?

    On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 19:54:29 GMT, in
    <VXlBc.101538$>
    Gary scrawled:

    <snip>

    >i could nto use a back up method because the pc was on
    >win ME and had some probelms and was also locking up and
    >would not allow me to do so

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 20, 2004
  5. Gary

    Gary Guest

    No because before I formatted and reinstalled I tested it out and have in
    set up on another profile on XP without any problems

    Gary, Jun 21, 2004
  6. Gary

    °Mike° Guest

    And so? You hard drive could have bad sectors;
    there could be any amout of hardware issues that
    were causing your lockups, and they could still be
    there.

    On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 23:04:51 GMT, in
    <nKoBc.367062$>
    Gary scrawled: