    message if I want to go online.
    How could I stop that.
    Google didn't help much.
    bardeban, Mar 12, 2009

  2. bardeban wrote:

    > I have xp pro sp3 on p4 1.8ghz laptop.
    > everytime I want to check my email, OE6 thinks I am offline, so I get a
    > message if I want to go online.
    > How could I stop that.
    > Google didn't help much.

    Really?
    <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Outlook+Express+thinks+I+am+offline>

    First hit:
    <http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com/forum/software-problems-useful-utilities/33886-outlook-express-thinks-its-offline.html>

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 12, 2009

  3. bardeban

    Mike Easter Guest

    bardeban wrote:

    > everytime I want to check my email,

    Does 'check your email' mean you want to open OE which OE is configured to
    automatically access your provider's mailbox online -- or does 'check your
    email' mean you want to open OE which OE is configured to not go online,
    but instead to function in an offline mode to access old, previously
    downloaded mail.

    In such a configuration OE would only try to get the newmail if you ask
    for it to be received specifically.

    > OE6 thinks I am offline,

    You could be online or you could be offline, you never did say. You
    didn't provide a background of whether you were online when you 'want to
    check (your) email'.

    > so I get a
    > message if I want to go online.

    If you are offline and you open OE in a configuration that needs to be
    performed online, it will message you about going online. If you are
    online and it doesn't know you are online, you will get a message about
    going online.

    > How could I stop that.

    Does how 'could I stop that' mean, you don't want to go online and so you
    don't want the message; or does stop that mean that you are already
    online and so you need to fix OE so that it correctly knows that you are
    online?

    > Google didn't help much.

    Actually *you* didn't help much in describing your condition,
    configuration, and OE intent as precisely as you could have.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Mar 12, 2009
  4. "bardeban" <> wrote in message
    >I have xp pro sp3 on p4 1.8ghz laptop.
    > everytime I want to check my email, OE6 thinks I am offline, so I get a
    > message if I want to go online.
    > How could I stop that.
    > Google didn't help much.

    Click File from top menu. Scroll down, should be option "work offline".
    Might be ticked? Untick it ..
    Zu Arsschlaark!, Mar 13, 2009
  5. bardeban

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "Zu Arsschlaark!" <> wrote in message

    > "bardeban" <> wrote in message
    >>I have xp pro sp3 on p4 1.8ghz laptop.
    >> everytime I want to check my email, OE6 thinks I am offline, so I get a
    >> message if I want to go online.
    >> How could I stop that.
    >> Google didn't help much.
    >>

    > Click File from top menu. Scroll down, should be option "work offline".
    > Might be ticked? Untick it ..

    Yes.

    Mr Pounder

    Mr Pounder, Mar 15, 2009