    Can any one tell if I back up outlook express bebore i do a frease
    install as i dont want to lose all my saved emails?

    Cheers Dan
    Dan, Sep 30, 2008

  2. In message
    <>, Dan
    wrote:

    > Can any one tell if I back up outlook express bebore i do a frease
    > install as i dont want to lose all my saved emails?

    On the Internet, no-one can tell if you've made a backup or not.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 30, 2008

  3. Dan

    PeeCee Guest

    "Dan" <> wrote in message
    > Can any one tell if I back up outlook express bebore i do a frease
    > install as i dont want to lose all my saved emails?
    >
    > Cheers Dan

    Sigh, first hit in Google. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270670

    P.
    PeeCee, Sep 30, 2008
  4. Dan

    Tony in Oz Guest

    "Lawrence D'Oliveiro"
    On the Internet, no-one can tell if you've made a backup or not.

    *** Deep movie trailer voice**** On the internet, no one can hear you
    scream....
    Tony in Oz, Sep 30, 2008
  5. Dan

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "PeeCee" <> wrote in news:gbsek4$oe2$1
    @registered.motzarella.org:

    > "Dan" <> wrote in message
    >> Can any one tell if I back up outlook express bebore i do a frease
    >> install as i dont want to lose all my saved emails?
    >>
    >> Cheers Dan

    > Sigh, first hit in Google. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270670
    >
    > P.

    I like this one better:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Sep 30, 2008
  6. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Sorry all I will try again. How do you back up outlookexpess so you
    can retain extisting emails after you have reformatted your c drive
    and reloaded windows?

    Cheers Dan
    Dan, Sep 30, 2008
  7. In message
    <>, Dan
    wrote:

    > Sorry all I will try again.

    What exactly are you sorry about?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 1, 2008
  8. Dan

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Dan" typed:
    > Sorry all I will try again. How do you back up outlookexpess so you
    > can retain extisting emails after you have reformatted your c drive
    > and reloaded windows?

    Hi Dan,

    Open Outlook Express, go to Tools, Options and then the Maintenance tab.
    There you'll see you have the option to change OE's store folder. Put it in
    the root directory of a drive (maybe C:\OEstore) and OE will then copy all
    the file to there. Before you reformat, copy the folder to a USB stick or a
    DVD-R. Then, with the new install, do the same thing, set your OE store
    folder to somewhere that's easy for you to find and copy the contents of the
    old folder to it. When you close then open OE again after doing that you
    should have all your old emails and it should even be set up with your
    previous email settings and newsgroup details.

    I have the same OE store as I had ~10 years ago, migrated from one machine
    to the next.

    Good luck.
    --
    Shaun.