    Outlook EXPRESS. Can anyone tell me how I can get my mails switched back to
    Outlook EXPRESS

    TIA

    STEPHEN, Mar 3, 2008

  2. Start Outlook Express.
    Click Tools>Accounts, select ADD and follow the wizard. Enter the name you
    want to appear, typically your name but it could be a screen name or other
    name you want to be recognized as, then you have to enter the e-mail address
    account for the Incoming and Outgoing mail address. You can harvest this
    information from the Outlook account by opening Outlook and navigating to
    the equivelent screen -- in Outlook, you will open the Properties dialog and
    look for the Server tab or an equivelent.

    Finally, you will want to make Outlook NOT be the defalut mail client. You
    can set OE as the default by clicking Tools>Options, and selecting the
    checkbox that makes Outlook Express the default mail handler.

    Alternatively, call the people that did the update and tell them you want
    Outlook Express to be your mail client instead of Outlook.

    Jeff Strickland, Mar 3, 2008

  3. STEPHEN

    Harry Guest

    "STEPHEN" <> wrote in message
    > Hi I recently had my PC updated and to my horror my Emails are coming
    > through in outlook. When I had the revamp my emails were coming through in
    > Outlook EXPRESS. Can anyone tell me how I can get my mails switched back
    > to Outlook EXPRESS
    >
    > TIA

    This will solve your problem to make Outlook Express the default email
    program.
    1. Start up Internet Explorer.
    2. Click Tools then Internet Options and then click the Programs tab.
    3. Now next to "Email" select Outlook Express and the job is finished.

    If the problem ever occurs in the future repeat the above 3 steps.

    Harry, Mar 4, 2008
  4. STEPHEN

    STEPHEN Guest

    there is no program's tab, so which program do i have to go into, "outlook
    express" or "outlook"

    STEPHEN, Mar 4, 2008
  5. STEPHEN

    - Bobb - Guest

    Open OE and click on Tools- Options
    and on the General Tab (at the bottom), select
    "Make this the default email handler"

    OR

    Are you running Windows with Internet Explorer (IE)?
    What version IE ? For Version 6 - go to
    Start-control panel - Internet Options
    THERE you'll see the tabs across the top
    Click on PROGRAMS tab , there you'll see email option.
    Select Outlook Express from the drop-down rather than Outlook.

    Need more help ?
    Clarify "I recently had my PC updated "
    New PC ? You had Office 2007 installed ? etc

    - Bobb -, Mar 4, 2008
  6. STEPHEN

    STEPHEN Guest

    I have done what you have all said, but I am still getting mail coming
    through in "OUTLOOK" and not Express. I have had email in Express though. I
    am getting mail now in " Outlook" and in "Express" which I find odd

    I haven't turned off my pc for a couple of days now, so what the be the
    problem?

    STEPHEN, Mar 4, 2008
  7. STEPHEN

    Harry Guest

    "STEPHEN" <> wrote in message
    > there is no program's tab, so which program do i have to go into, "outlook
    > express" or "outlook"

    Yes, there is a Programs tab.
    Open up Internet Explorer, not Outlook, not Outlook Express.

    Harry, Mar 4, 2008
  8. STEPHEN

    - Bobb - Guest

    "STEPHEN" <> wrote in message
    >I have done what you have all said, but I am still getting mail coming
    >through in "OUTLOOK" and not Express. I have had email in Express though.
    >I am getting mail now in " Outlook" and in "Express" which I find odd
    >
    > I haven't turned off my pc for a couple of days now, so what the be the
    > problem?

    Stephen,

    I had asked you:
    >> If you need more help ... clarify "I recently had my PC updated "
    >> New PC ? You had Office 2007 installed ? etc.

    Is this an ISP email - your Office's server etc. ? ( If a business
    environment, perhaps your office does NOT want Express. In the business
    world most companies do NOT allow you to use Express - they want the
    security of Outlook. )

    If not the case and by "getting thru both" you mean that you CAN fetch
    mail thru either email app , and it works -- you're right.
    " Making it your default" means ONLY that when you choose "Send an email"
    it will open .. whatever you chose.
    If you do not OPEN Outlook, then all of your mail with come thru ...
    Express.
    I have both on my PC and if I open either each, that app will fetch all
    available email waiting for me on the email server.

    You said -
    " I recently had my PC updated and to my horror my Emails are coming
    through in outlook. "

    I/we still do not know WHY you have/use Outlook - give us details if you
    need more help. Not cuz we're nosy - it's because we need to UNDERSTAND
    what you're trying to do ( why did you buy Outlook etc)

    IF when you/spouse fetch email with Outlook, and it is then DELETED on the
    server ( so " nothing coming thru Express") , then change your options on
    both apps to LEAVE on server until deleted. You could then fetch on both
    as you choose.

    Bobb

    - Bobb -, Mar 4, 2008
  9. "Harry" <> wrote in message

    > "STEPHEN" <> wrote in message
    >> there is no program's tab, so which program do i have to go into,
    >> "outlook express" or "outlook"

    > Yes, there is a Programs tab.
    > Open up Internet Explorer, not Outlook, not Outlook Express.
    > 1. Start up Internet Explorer.
    > 2. Click Tools then Internet Options and then click the Programs tab.
    > 3. Now next to "Email" select Outlook Express and the job is finished.

    Not entirely. One must tell Outlook Express where the mail box is that one
    wants Outlook Express to monitor. Outlook Express can monitor multiple mail
    accounts too, but that just complicates matters ...

    Jeff Strickland, Mar 5, 2008
  10. STEPHEN

    STEPHEN Guest

    thanks done that. I have rebooted the PC and the mail is coming through.
    What I have noticed or have done is not open OUTLOOK and the mail comes
    through to EXPRESS, is this normal?

    STEPHEN, Mar 7, 2008
  11. STEPHEN

    - Bobb - Guest

    "STEPHEN" <> wrote in message
    > thanks done that. I have rebooted the PC and the mail is coming through.
    > What I have noticed or have done is not open OUTLOOK and the mail comes
    > through to EXPRESS, is this normal?

    YES.
    The EMAIL is ON the server - how you fetch it is up to you.
    If you do leave a copy on the server, when you open Outlook, IT will ALSO
    download them all. If you do NOT want that, either delete the emails after
    fetching in OE, or set Outlook to NOT automatically fetch email.
    Places online to walk you thru that : step by step.

    - Bobb -, Mar 7, 2008
  12. STEPHEN

    STEPHEN Guest

    Cheers M8