    there used to be settings for windows for workgroups noclose=1, are these
    still vaild for win XP.

    can I put it in the outlook.ini file ?

    David Butler, Jun 13, 2004

  2. David Butler

    frederick Guest

    "David Butler" <> wrote in message
    news:cagme7$9pv$...
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > is it possible to stop outlook express from being closed under win XP ?
    >
    > there used to be settings for windows for workgroups noclose=1, are these
    > still vaild for win XP.
    >
    > can I put it in the outlook.ini file ?

    Outlook and Outlook Express are not the same progam.
    The OutlookExpress.ini file is uninstall data (don't fiddle with it).
    Unsurprisingly, there does not appear to be a registry setting for Outlook
    Express to allow what you ask.
    Although MS themselves (with Messenger) can make it hard for a user to stop a
    "normal" program from running, as a general rule if a user can not shut down a
    program by normal means, then it will quite probably "hang" when they log off.
    In any case they can kill it with task manager if they wanted.

    The answer is that you probably need an email program that pisses your users off
    less than OE.

    frederick, Jun 13, 2004