    home on my laptop.

    Thanks,
    Marian

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaWFuSA==?=, Dec 28, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaWFuSA==?=

    Sooner Al Guest

    If you simply want to share a single email account setup each machine to leave mail on the server.
    One client, however, should be configured to act as the "master" and have the ability to remove
    messages from the server after X days. I use this strategy so my wife and I can share one email
    account between two XP Pro machines. We do that with Outlook 2003, but its basically the same with
    Outlook Express or other versions of Outlook.

    Point each of the computers to the mail server at your ISP. Then on one computer go to "Tools ->
    Accounts", highlight the email account, select "Properties -> Advanced", and check the box to "Leave
    a copy of messages on the server". DO NOT check the "Remove from server after X day(s)" box. On the
    other computer go to "Tools -> Accounts", highlight the email account, select "Properties ->
    Advanced" and check the box to "Leave a copy of messages on the server". Check the "Remove from
    server after X day(s)" box and select how many days to leave messages on the server. That way all
    computers can read the mail, but only one controls when and/or if the messages are actually deleted
    off of the server.

    Note that unless you specifically include a copy to yourself in the cc: or bcc: field you will not
    know what was sent from the other PC. The mail sent from one PC will not show up in the Sent Mail
    folder on the other PC and vice versa... OE is not really designed for what you are trying to use.

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    Sooner Al, Dec 28, 2004