    home.
    Many thanks in advance.

    Bryan ( Winchester )
    Zoab, Jul 23, 2007

  2. Zoab

    Paul Guest

    Zoab wrote:
    > Could some kind person help an elderly newbie. I am 75 years old and don't I
    > know it.
    > I am running Outlook Express 6 and keep getting problems, eg, can't send
    > attachments, when I try to send a photo, I get a message telling me that I
    > have a problem and need to reinstall Outlook Express. I would be grateful if
    > someone could tell me how to do this. My ISP is virgin and I am using XP
    > home.
    > Many thanks in advance.
    >
    > Bryan ( Winchester )

    Generally, it helps if you copy the *exact* error message seen on the
    screen, and give all the details here. Also, your message is a reply to a message
    from May 13. It would be better to start your own thread, describing your
    problem, rather than tacking your message to a dead thread. It wouldn't
    hurt to tell us the version of the OS you are using, either.

    If you do "Properties" on the disk drive, how full is your drive ?
    Perhaps you are running out of room somewhere ?

    Paul
    Paul, Jul 23, 2007

  3. Zoab

    Zoab Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote in message news:f835or$30h$...
    > Zoab wrote:
    >> Could some kind person help an elderly newbie. I am 75 years old and
    >> don't I know it.
    >> I am running Outlook Express 6 and keep getting problems, eg, can't send
    >> attachments, when I try to send a photo, I get a message telling me that
    >> I have a problem and need to reinstall Outlook Express. I would be
    >> grateful if someone could tell me how to do this. My ISP is virgin and I
    >> am using XP home.
    >> Many thanks in advance.
    >>
    >> Bryan ( Winchester )

    > Generally, it helps if you copy the *exact* error message seen on the
    > screen, and give all the details here. Also, your message is a reply to a
    > message
    > from May 13. It would be better to start your own thread, describing your
    > problem, rather than tacking your message to a dead thread. It wouldn't
    > hurt to tell us the version of the OS you are using, either.
    >
    > If you do "Properties" on the disk drive, how full is your drive ?
    > Perhaps you are running out of room somewhere ?
    >
    > Paul

    Paul
    I'm not sure how my message can be a reply to a message from May 13 th, I
    only found this group 2 days ago, and going back over the previous posts,
    the first post on the list is from the 23 June.
    The message that I get is :- The address book failed to load, outlook
    express is incorrectly configured. Please re-install. ( Ox 8004011B )
    I assume the OS means Operating System, if this is so, all I can tell you is
    that I am using Windows XP Home, I did tell you that I am an elderly newbie.
    I have checked " Properties " on the disk drive and it is less than 15%
    full.
    Everything is easy when you know how, and unfortunately I don't know how to
    re-install Outlook Express.

    Bryan
    Zoab, Jul 24, 2007
  4. Zoab

    Ragnar Guest

    Paul wrote:

    <snip>
    > Also, your message is a reply
    > to a message from May 13. It would be better to start your own
    > thread, describing your problem, rather than tacking your message to
    > a dead thread.

    Shows up as a new post here, definitely not tagged onto May 13 or anything
    else.

    R.
    Ragnar, Jul 24, 2007
  5. Zoab

    Ragnar Guest

    Zoab wrote:
    > Could some kind person help an elderly newbie. I am 75 years old and
    > don't I know it.
    > I am running Outlook Express 6 and keep getting problems, eg, can't
    > send attachments, when I try to send a photo, I get a message telling
    > me that I have a problem and need to reinstall Outlook Express. I
    > would be grateful if someone could tell me how to do this. My ISP is
    > virgin and I am using XP home.
    > Many thanks in advance.
    >
    > Bryan ( Winchester )

    For advice on reinstalling OE try Microsoft Help & Support on
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/263837
    Depending on your OS you may need your Windows CD and/or download the latest
    version of OE.
    And DON'T FORGET to backup your address book and folders first.

    Hope this helps
    R.
    Ragnar, Jul 24, 2007
  6. Zoab

    Paul Guest

    Zoab wrote:
    > "Paul" <> wrote in message news:f835or$30h$...
    >> Zoab wrote:
    >>> Could some kind person help an elderly newbie. I am 75 years old and
    >>> don't I know it.
    >>> I am running Outlook Express 6 and keep getting problems, eg, can't send
    >>> attachments, when I try to send a photo, I get a message telling me that
    >>> I have a problem and need to reinstall Outlook Express. I would be
    >>> grateful if someone could tell me how to do this. My ISP is virgin and I
    >>> am using XP home.
    >>> Many thanks in advance.
    >>>
    >>> Bryan ( Winchester )

    >> Generally, it helps if you copy the *exact* error message seen on the
    >> screen, and give all the details here. Also, your message is a reply to a
    >> message
    >> from May 13. It would be better to start your own thread, describing your
    >> problem, rather than tacking your message to a dead thread. It wouldn't
    >> hurt to tell us the version of the OS you are using, either.
    >>
    >> If you do "Properties" on the disk drive, how full is your drive ?
    >> Perhaps you are running out of room somewhere ?
    >>
    >> Paul
    >>

    > Paul
    > I'm not sure how my message can be a reply to a message from May 13 th, I
    > only found this group 2 days ago, and going back over the previous posts,
    > the first post on the list is from the 23 June.
    > The message that I get is :- The address book failed to load, outlook
    > express is incorrectly configured. Please re-install. ( Ox 8004011B )
    > I assume the OS means Operating System, if this is so, all I can tell you is
    > that I am using Windows XP Home, I did tell you that I am an elderly newbie.
    > I have checked " Properties " on the disk drive and it is less than 15%
    > full.
    > Everything is easy when you know how, and unfortunately I don't know how to
    > re-install Outlook Express.
    >
    > Bryan

    The purpose of getting the exact message, is so you can look in the Google
    archive and find similar examples.

    For example, I tried "outlook express address book file" and found some
    suggestions here.

    http://groups.google.ca/group/micro..._frm/thread/379a8fd011a43476/f6d28af655facc32

    The "address book" is a ".wab" file and it is in the Documents and Settings
    tree. You would have to be the owner of that file to open it. So it could be
    a file permissions problem. I think the other files for OE are .dbx (mailbox)
    files. At least those files have today's date on them.

    It looks like your message being listed under a May 13 thread, is because the
    title happened to match a thread having the same title. I see there is no
    reference link in the message header of your message, so it should have appeared
    as a new thread in my newsreader. So something for me to check the next time.
    (I've used some other news readers that have the same habit, and from now I'll
    have to do the same check on Thunderbird. The more things change, the more
    they remain the same.)

    Another weird thing, is none of the messages from this thread, appear in Google
    right now. I tried searching on the message ID and none of them show up. The
    messages from the May13 thread all show up. I don't expect that has anything
    to do with the two threads getting mixed together.

    HTH,
    Paul
    Paul, Jul 24, 2007
  7. Zoab

    Zoab Guest

    "Ragnar" <> wrote in message
    > Zoab wrote:
    >> Could some kind person help an elderly newbie. I am 75 years old and
    >> don't I know it.
    >> I am running Outlook Express 6 and keep getting problems, eg, can't
    >> send attachments, when I try to send a photo, I get a message telling
    >> me that I have a problem and need to reinstall Outlook Express. I
    >> would be grateful if someone could tell me how to do this. My ISP is
    >> virgin and I am using XP home.
    >> Many thanks in advance.
    >>
    >> Bryan ( Winchester )

    > For advice on reinstalling OE try Microsoft Help & Support on
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/263837
    > Depending on your OS you may need your Windows CD and/or download the
    > latest version of OE.
    > And DON'T FORGET to backup your address book and folders first.
    >
    > Hope this helps
    > R.

    Ragnar.
    Thank you for your help, everything is working fine now. As I said before, "
    everything is easy when you know how "
    One of the problems for 74 year old newbie's like me is that when I ask for
    advice, people who reply use all sorts of jargon which goes over my head,
    maybe one day I will understand it all, assuming I live that long. However
    the web site you recommended solved the problem completely.
    Thank you.

    Bryan ( Winchester )
    Zoab, Jul 24, 2007
  8. Zoab

    tony sayer Guest

    In article <8Qnpi.5746$>, Zoab
    <> writes

    >"Ragnar" <> wrote in message
    >> Zoab wrote:
    >>> Could some kind person help an elderly newbie. I am 75 years old and
    >>> don't I know it.
    >>> I am running Outlook Express 6 and keep getting problems, eg, can't
    >>> send attachments, when I try to send a photo, I get a message telling
    >>> me that I have a problem and need to reinstall Outlook Express. I
    >>> would be grateful if someone could tell me how to do this. My ISP is
    >>> virgin and I am using XP home.
    >>> Many thanks in advance.
    >>>
    >>> Bryan ( Winchester )

    >> For advice on reinstalling OE try Microsoft Help & Support on
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/263837
    >> Depending on your OS you may need your Windows CD and/or download the
    >> latest version of OE.
    >> And DON'T FORGET to backup your address book and folders first.
    >>
    >> Hope this helps
    >> R.
    >>

    >Ragnar.
    >Thank you for your help, everything is working fine now. As I said before, "
    >everything is easy when you know how "
    >One of the problems for 74 year old newbie's like me is that when I ask for
    >advice, people who reply use all sorts of jargon which goes over my head,
    >maybe one day I will understand it all, assuming I live that long. However
    >the web site you recommended solved the problem completely.
    >Thank you.
    >
    >Bryan ( Winchester )

    Course you could use a decent e-mail prog like Thunderbird ....
    --
    Tony Sayer
    tony sayer, Jul 24, 2007