    express 6.0 folders I created , information and E-Mail address to the
    new computer. Is there a free or inexpensive way to install all the
    same information on the new computer. Tommy

    Tommy, Jun 9, 2007

  2. Tommy

    meerkat Guest

    "Tommy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am buying a new computer and I would like to transfer all the outlook
    >express 6.0 folders I created , information and E-Mail address to the new
    >computer. Is there a free or inexpensive way to install all the same
    >information on the new computer. Tommy

    Export them from the old machine.
    transfer them to the new machine.
    Import them.

    There you are, that was easy.

    meerkat, Jun 9, 2007

  3. Tommy

    Tommy Guest

    Can I create a file and than import this from that file??

    Tommy, Jun 9, 2007
  4. >>> I am buying a new computer and I would like to transfer all the outlook
    >>> express 6.0 folders I created , information and E-Mail address to the
    >>> new computer. Is there a free or inexpensive way to install all the
    >>> same information on the new computer. Tommy
    >>>

    >> Export them from the old machine.
    >> transfer them to the new machine.
    >> Import them.
    >>
    >> There you are, that was easy.
    >>

    > Can I create a file and than import this from that file??

    If you go to File/Export it gives you the choice of creating one of two
    files. One for the contacts in your address book, and the other for the
    messages you have. These files that are created are what you want to
    import. In order for the new machine to read them, you have to transfer
    them from the old machine onto the new one. Then you can import the copied
    file into your new version of outlook and poof.

    --
    Brian J. Whiting

    Brian Whiting, Jun 10, 2007
  5. Tommy

    PeeCee Guest

    "Tommy" <> wrote in message
    >I am buying a new computer and I would like to transfer all the outlook
    >express 6.0 folders I created , information and E-Mail address to the new
    >computer. Is there a free or inexpensive way to install all the same
    >information on the new computer. Tommy

    Tommy

    Address book:
    In your old copy of OE, file, export, address book, text file(comma...) and
    follow the wizard to save to a convenient location.
    Copy this file to the new PC then use the Import function on the new email
    program to import the address's.

    Email Messages
    In your old copy of OE, Tools, Options, Maintenance Tab, click the 'Store
    Folder' button and note the location of the OE store folder. (eg
    C:\documents and settings\username\local settings\application
    data\identities\a long CLSID number\microsoft\Outllook Express)
    Copy this OE folder to your new PC and use the Import function in your new
    email program to import it.

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Jun 10, 2007
  6. Tommy

    Ace Hung Guest

    Tommy wrote:
    > I am buying a new computer and I would like to transfer all the outlook
    > express 6.0 folders I created , information and E-Mail address to the
    > new computer. Is there a free or inexpensive way to install all the
    > same information on the new computer. Tommy

    If using Windows XP, use the files and settings transfer wizard.

    -hung-

    Ace Hung, Jun 10, 2007
  7. Tommy

    Plato Guest

    Tommy wrote:

    > I am buying a new computer and I would like to transfer all the outlook
    > express 6.0 folders I created , information and E-Mail address to the
    > new computer. Is there a free or inexpensive way to install all the
    > same information on the new computer. Tommy

    http://www.bootdisk.com/utility.htm
    OE AND EMAIL TOOLS

    Plato, Jun 10, 2007
  8. Tommy

    Tommy Guest

    By transferring them to an external Hard drive and creating a file and
    than import from the external to the new computer will that work also.
    Thanks

    Tommy, Jun 10, 2007
  9. Tommy

    Tommy Guest

    I am using XP pro can you explain this please and where to find this. Thanks

    Tommy, Jun 10, 2007
  10. Tommy

    Tommy Guest

    Can you exsplane where to find the files and setting wizard?? Thanks

    Tommy, Jun 10, 2007