    I am using Windows XP Home Edition and Outlook Express 6.

    Thanks!
    Beck.

    Beck, Jan 30, 2005

  2. Beck

    chuckie® Guest

    Here's the path to the area that you want in Win2000:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Identities\{A512F13D-784D-49B3-9A47-FB24E1E3CB0B}\Microsoft\Outlook
    Express\Inbox.dbx

    Now you didn't mention what OS you were using prior to WinXP. All of the
    folders are in that same area...luck...

    chuckie®, Jan 31, 2005

  3. Beck

    Beck Guest

    I was using Win 98 but I am not getting the files directly from my old PC. I
    saved them to disk and put them on my new PC in a new folder (just to use
    for importing them)

    Beck, Jan 31, 2005
  4. Beck

    chuckie® Guest

    I'll have to fire up my old machine and see if I can locate them there.
    When I 'upgraded' Win2000/Win98SE (dual boot system) to WinXP I lost all
    mine and had to recover them from the old machine. I might add, I didn't go
    for all the old emails and such, just the address book and favorites. I'll
    see if I can find them, you should be able to just 'drag and drop' them,
    assuming your are using the same version of Outlook...luck...

    chuckie®, Jan 31, 2005
  5. Beck

    HonestJohn Guest

    "Beck" <> wrote in message
    >I was using Win 98 but I am not getting the files directly from
    >my old PC. I saved them to disk and put them on my new PC in a
    >new folder (just to use for importing them)

    You need to have copied the Message Store which contains all of
    the emails you have sent, received, deleted or drafted in *.dbx
    files.

    Once your Message Store folder is on the hard drive of the new
    machine, you can copy your mailboxes into Outlook Express by going
    to: File < Import < Messages < Outlook Express 5 (or 6, if shown)
    < Next. Select "Import Mail" from an OE5 or 6 Store Directory,
    click OK, use the Browse button to locate the copied Message Store
    folder and follow the prompts.

    HonestJohn, Feb 1, 2005
  6. Beck

    chuckie® Guest