outlook express

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Pepperoni, Jul 21, 2004.

  1. Pepperoni

    Pepperoni Guest

    Delete the message from your "Outbox" folder.

    Pepperoni, Jul 21, 2004

  2. Pepperoni

    colin Guest

    Rachel. <> wrote in message
    > hi how do I override sending amessage which is quite a large video
    > file.amessage appears everytime I send it saying basicly its too large to
    > send.
    > Please help.!!!!!!!
    > Rachel

    There`ll be a limit within your email application & probably an ISP
    limitation as well.
    So, you could break up the video into chunks with a program like winrar or
    winzip, etc; if you really need to email it.
    Or you could upload it to a pre-determined (FTP)

    colin, Jul 21, 2004

  3. Pepperoni

    Kenny Guest

    From OE help files.

    To send large messages

    Many e-mail and news servers limit the size of the messages you can receive
    and send. Usually this limit is one megabyte (1 MB) per message, including
    all attached files.

    With Outlook Express, you can send large messages or files to e-mail and
    news servers that have size limits, by breaking the messages into smaller
    ones. When the group of messages is received, the e-mail program combines
    them into one message.

    1.. On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
    2.. On either the Mail or News tab, click Properties.
    3.. On the Advanced tab, select the Break apart messages larger than x KB
    check box and then enter the maximum file size the server will allow.

    --

    Kenny

    Rachel., Jul 21, 2004