    --
    Does anyone know what the "Good" alternatives to Outlook express are?

    Paul

    Paul, May 19, 2004

  2. Paul

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote in news:MLFqc.19343$J_7.16705@front-
    1.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

    > Does anyone know what the "Good" alternatives to Outlook express are?

    A) Don't put your text in your signature
    B) OE does mail and news, which are you looking to replace?

    I use Eudora (ad sponsored version) for email, and Xnews for newsgroups.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk

    DeMoN LaG, May 19, 2004

  3. Paul

    Night_Seer Guest

    I use Mozilla Thunderbird, but regular Mozilla works too.

    --
    Night_Seer

    Night_Seer, May 19, 2004
  4. Paul

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    I used thunderbird but I found Outlook Express better, probably because I've
    used it for so long now.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, May 19, 2004
  5. Paul

    Night_Seer Guest

    Lloyd Jones wrote:
    > I used thunderbird but I found Outlook Express better, probably
    > because I've used it for so long now.
    >
    > LJ

    Have you tried the latest build? It used to be slow as molassess starting
    up among other bugs, but they are really cleaning the program up...its much
    better now.

    --
    Night_Seer

    Night_Seer, May 19, 2004
  6. Paul

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    No I downloaded the beta version before and I think that's turned me off the
    program for life. :)

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, May 19, 2004
  7. Paul

    Brad Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote in message news:<MLFqc.19343$>...
    > --
    > Does anyone know what the "Good" alternatives to Outlook express are?
    >
    > Paul

    I can't stress enough how much I think you should try Mozilla Thunderbird.

    It is a fantastic e-mail client. It's free. And it's easy to use.

    Brad, May 20, 2004
  8. Paul

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    What can it do that Outlook Express can't?

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, May 20, 2004
  9. Paul

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote in news:c8j6tf$2tr$:

    > What can it do that Outlook Express can't?

    It can not require security patches every month or two to fix huge gaping
    holes in it.

    I can read and write standard unix mbox format mailboxes, so if the program
    craps out your email is still accessible via any other mail client

    DeMoN LaG, May 21, 2004
  10. Paul

    Warthog Guest

    I ues IncrediMail for my eMail, and O.E. or my news access

    Warthog, May 21, 2004