outlook express

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Drvnguy, Aug 5, 2005.

  1. Drvnguy

    Drvnguy Guest

    Is there anyway to rid of the beginning splash screen before outlook starts
    ,I am running amd 64 with x64 edition of windows with a 3200 proccessor
    ...lots of speed but for some reason it freezes on this sdreen for about 1.5
    min before i can read email....thnx
     
    Drvnguy, Aug 5, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Drvnguy

    Old Gringo Guest

    Drvnguy wrote:
    > Is there anyway to rid of the beginning splash screen before outlook starts
    > ,I am running amd 64 with x64 edition of windows with a 3200 proccessor
    > ..lots of speed but for some reason it freezes on this sdreen for about 1.5
    > min before i can read email....thnx
    >
    >

    Tools Options, General tab, check (Go directly to inbox.)

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-Industries.com>
     
    Old Gringo, Aug 5, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Drvnguy

    Shawn Guest

    that does nothing for the splash screen, that just makes it go to the inbox,
    the op wants to get rid of the splash screen

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    news:WTQIe.35$...
    > Drvnguy wrote:
    >> Is there anyway to rid of the beginning splash screen before outlook
    >> starts ,I am running amd 64 with x64 edition of windows with a 3200
    >> proccessor ..lots of speed but for some reason it freezes on this sdreen
    >> for about 1.5 min before i can read email....thnx

    > Tools Options, General tab, check (Go directly to inbox.)
    >
    > --
    > Old Gringo George
    > Magic Weaver Of Life
    > Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    > Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-Industries.com>
     
    Shawn, Aug 5, 2005
    #3
  4. Drvnguy

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 16:50:32 -0400, Drvnguy wrote:

    >Is there anyway to rid of the beginning splash screen before outlook starts


    Make your mind up, subject is OE and no version, 1st line above is OL
    and no version.

    >,I am running amd 64 with x64 edition of windows with a 3200 proccessor
    >..lots of speed but for some reason it freezes on this sdreen for about 1.5


    You aren't thinking along the lines of any compatability issues here are
    you?

    >min before i can read email....thnx


    A splash screen is a splash screen it usually doesn't do very much,
    maybe it's what's happening after displaying the splash screen before it
    clears.

    Another one, it's this sort of post where the PC spec is a bit less
    important than the software, however there isn't a version of OL/OE for
    x64 IIRC yet.

    Neither did you say if it's Windows XP Pro x64 or Windows 2003 Server
    Ent. x64 , which service packs.

    You have checked the MS OE/OL newsgroups if there are any and this group
    as well - microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general

    One thing that is sure is you didn't try www.google.com for

    Results 1 - 10 of about 57,700 English pages for
    disable outlook splash screen

    Results 1 - 10 of about 22,800 English pages for
    disable outlook -express splash screen

    Results 1 - 10 of about 44,400 English pages for
    disable outlook express splash screen


    Me
     
    why?, Aug 5, 2005
    #4
  5. Drvnguy

    Old Gringo Guest

    Shawn wrote:
    > that does nothing for the splash screen, that just makes it go to the inbox,
    > the op wants to get rid of the splash screen
    >
    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > news:WTQIe.35$...
    >
    >>Drvnguy wrote:
    >>
    >>>Is there anyway to rid of the beginning splash screen before outlook
    >>>starts ,I am running amd 64 with x64 edition of windows with a 3200
    >>>proccessor ..lots of speed but for some reason it freezes on this sdreen
    >>>for about 1.5 min before i can read email....thnx

    >>
    >>Tools Options, General tab, check (Go directly to inbox.)
    >>
    >>--
    >>Old Gringo George
    >>Magic Weaver Of Life
    >>Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >>Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-Industries.com>

    >
    >
    >

    Due to Outlook not being an Open Source application, I gave him his
    only alternative.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-Industries.com>
     
    Old Gringo, Aug 6, 2005
    #5
  6. Drvnguy

    Old Gringo Guest

    Shawn wrote:
    > that does nothing for the splash screen, that just makes it go to the inbox,
    > the op wants to get rid of the splash screen
    >
    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > news:WTQIe.35$...
    >
    >>Drvnguy wrote:
    >>
    >>>Is there anyway to rid of the beginning splash screen before outlook
    >>>starts ,I am running amd 64 with x64 edition of windows with a 3200
    >>>proccessor ..lots of speed but for some reason it freezes on this sdreen
    >>>for about 1.5 min before i can read email....thnx

    >>
    >>Tools Options, General tab, check (Go directly to inbox.)
    >>
    >>--
    >>Old Gringo George
    >>Magic Weaver Of Life
    >>Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >>Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-Industries.com>

    >
    >
    >

    NOTE: Outlook Express in Subj. line and Outlook in text msg. ?? Oh
    Well. Same difference.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-Industries.com>
     
    Old Gringo, Aug 6, 2005
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. °Mike°

    Re: Outlook vs. Outlook Express

    °Mike°, Jun 21, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    2,069
    °Mike°
    Jun 21, 2003
  2. Kenneth Marson

    Re: Outlook vs. Outlook Express

    Kenneth Marson, Jun 21, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    2,905
    K. Marson
    Jun 21, 2003
  3. rifleman

    Re: Outlook vs. Outlook Express

    rifleman, Jun 23, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    790
    boy wonder
    Jun 23, 2003
  4. Richard Barton

    E-Mail Message Transfer MS 95 Outlook to Outlook Express 6

    Richard Barton, Jul 4, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    1,444
    John Haithwaite @ Blue Case Solutions
    Jul 5, 2003
  5. Marc
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    1,631
    John Holmes
    Aug 22, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page