Outlook Express...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ToniandGuyFreak, Apr 5, 2004.

  1. I used to use Tiscali for my ISP but I don't anymore but my Outlook still says
    provided by Tiscali at the top. How do I get rid of that?
    ToniandGuyFreak, Apr 5, 2004

  2. ToniandGuyFreak

    °Mike° Guest

    For O.E., you need to edit the registry directly, so back up
    your registry first.

    Open the registry editor (Start / Run / regedit) to the following
    key:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    +Identities
    +{GUID}
    +Software
    +Microsoft
    +Outlook Express
    +5.0

    Delete or change the value of 'WindowTitle'.

    For Internet Explorer, close all of your browser windows,
    then copy/paste ONE of the following into the Start / Run
    box - note that it is case sensitive:

    rundll32.exe iedkcs32.dll,Clear
    --or--
    rundll32.exe iedkcs32.dll,BrandCleanInstallStubs

    On 05 Apr 2004 22:19:24 GMT, in
    <>
    ToniandGuyFreak scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Apr 5, 2004

  3. ToniandGuyFreak

    Pool Champ Guest

    "ToniandGuyFreak" asked in message

    > I used to use Tiscali for my ISP but I don't anymore but my Outlook still

    says
    > provided by Tiscali at the top. How do I get rid of that?

    Its in the registry.... so if you are confident to edit it (at your own
    peril)
    Run REGEDIT
    open the find window and type in
    provided by Tiscali
    This will find: Window Title "Outlook Express provided by Tiscali"
    Modify this to whatever you want eg. "Outlook Express provided by Toni and
    Guy"

    John
    Pool Champ, Apr 6, 2004
  4. ToniandGuyFreak

    Jarsek2000 Guest

    >I used to use Tiscali for my ISP but I don't anymore but my Outlook still
    >says
    >provided by Tiscali at the top. How do I get rid of that?

    In win XP Pro you can do the following:

    START / RUN / GPEDIT.MSC

    Then under User Configuration navigate to Internet Explorer Maintenance /
    Browser User Interface.

    If you can navigate to here then you should see what needs to be changed.

    Best wishes,

    Jim Robin
    Jarsek2000, Apr 6, 2004