    on the desktop for way tooo long roughly 25 sec before it takes me into my
    inbox ,is there a way to get rid of this welcome screen or can i reinstall
    the express or.....should i use OUTLOOK from office xp?

    steve L, Jan 19, 2004

  2. steve L

    Rifleman Guest

    "steve L" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have win xp pro on my system ,when i click on outlook the splash screen

    is
    > on the desktop for way tooo long roughly 25 sec before it takes me into my
    > inbox ,is there a way to get rid of this welcome screen or can i reinstall
    > the express or.....should i use OUTLOOK from office xp?

    Try here:
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/performance.htm#slowstart

    Rifleman, Jan 19, 2004

  3. steve L

    David McEwan Guest

    I found a real improvement after I got rid of Messenger. It binds itself to
    Outlook and Outlook Express. The blue splash screen is up for less than a
    secxond now.

    David McEwan, Jan 19, 2004
  4. steve L

    steve L Guest

    Thanks for the advice ...i got rid of messenger 4.7 ,that still didnt help i
    use messenger 6.1 but i have it set so that only i open it when i want to .

    steve L, Jan 19, 2004
  5. steve L

    steve L Guest

    Hey great i removed it again said there was some lingering files ???..but it
    starts in seconds now ....problem solved

    steve L, Jan 19, 2004
  6. steve L

    Richard Guest

    steve L wrote:

    > Hey great i removed it again said there was some lingering files ???..but
    > it starts in seconds now ....problem solved

    One of the main reasons for slow starting, is due to the fact that the
    system is looking all over the place for the information. When this happens,
    it's time to defrag.
    You can also speed things up by clearing out your OE cache files more often.
    Set OE not to keep message bodies. Why do you need to keep them anyway
    unless you save the message elsewhere?
    Clean out your registry frequently.
    A cleaner system means faster starting.

    Richard, Jan 19, 2004