Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by TRISHA MCEVILLY, Dec 16, 2003.

  1. I have been unable to recieve any email I am able to send mail can anyone
    help?

    TRISHA MCEVILLY, Dec 16, 2003

  2. TRISHA  MCEVILLY

    olfart Guest

    "TRISHA MCEVILLY" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have been unable to recieve any email I am able to send mail can

    anyone
    > help?

    I've gotten 6 of your emails already. The problem is that if I email
    back my wife might find out about us. If you would use the smoke
    signals that I suggested there would be no problem. And who else are
    you emailing besides me??

    olfart, Dec 16, 2003

  3. TRISHA  MCEVILLY

    trout Guest

    TRISHA MCEVILLY wrote:

    > I have been unable to recieve any email I am able to send mail can
    > anyone help?

    ( You'll be getting rather too much mail; if you post to Usenet with
    a real, 'unmunged' address. Please see:
    <http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html>)

    As for your problem; is it recent? Have you made any major changes/
    added new software?
    Try sending *yourself* an email; and note (exactly) any error
    messages you get.
    --
    "Post back with details."

    trout, Dec 16, 2003
  4. TRISHA  MCEVILLY

    Trent C Guest

    > I have been unable to recieve any email I am able to send mail can anyone
    > help?

    You need to post a teeny bit more information. For example, I might answer
    "try switching the computer on", which could address your problem.

    So, what's the operating system? Which version of Outlook Express are you
    running? Can you connect to the internet with another application (for
    example Internet Explorer)? Are you getting an error message from Outlook
    Express, and if so, what is it? Have you already spoken to your ISP and
    confirmed that your mail receiving settings are correct?

    Trent C, Dec 16, 2003
  5. TRISHA  MCEVILLY

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Trent C said:

    >> I have been unable to recieve any email I am able to send mail can anyone
    >> help?

    > You need to post a teeny bit more information. For example, I might answer
    > "try switching the computer on", which could address your problem.
    >
    > So, what's the operating system? Which version of Outlook Express are you
    > running? Can you connect to the internet with another application (for

    A quick check of her headers reveals

    Brian H¹©, Dec 16, 2003
  6. TRISHA  MCEVILLY

    Brian H¹© Guest

    olfart said:

    > "TRISHA MCEVILLY" <> wrote in message
    >> I have been unable to recieve any email I am able to send mail can anyone
    >> help?
    >>

    > I've gotten 6 of your emails already. The problem is that if I email
    > back my wife might find out about us. If you would use the smoke
    > signals that I suggested there would be no problem. And who else are
    > you emailing besides me??

    Hey, don't think she looks cute in the skimpy g-string and near-non-existant
    bikini top?
    Oh, and those pink fluffy handcuffs are to die for.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 16, 2003
  7. On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 02:02:47 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind boggled
    at the following statement by olfart in message news:brmuvt$541jc$1@ID-
    34582.news.uni-berlin.de

    > "TRISHA MCEVILLY" <> wrote in message
    >> I have been unable to recieve any email I am able to send mail can

    > anyone
    >> help?
    >>

    > I've gotten 6 of your emails already. The problem is that if I email
    > back my wife might find out about us. If you would use the smoke
    > signals that I suggested there would be no problem. And who else are
    > you emailing besides me??

    Carrier pigeons are more secure than smoke signals.. :)

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    No of SETI units returned: 2534

    The Old Sourdough, Dec 16, 2003
  8. TRISHA  MCEVILLY

    olfart Guest

    > 34582.news.uni-berlin.de
    >

    > Carrier pigeons are more secure than smoke signals.. :)
    >
    > --

    but I've never been hit in the eye with smoke poop

    olfart, Dec 16, 2003
  9. TRISHA  MCEVILLY

    rifleman Guest

    In article <brn10f$505je$-berlin.de>, olfart65
    @excite.com says...

    |"The Old Sourdough" <> wrote in message
    |> On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 02:02:47 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
    |boggled
    |> at the following statement by olfart in message
    |> 34582.news.uni-berlin.de
    |>

    |> Carrier pigeons are more secure than smoke signals.. :)
    |>
    |> --
    |but I've never been hit in the eye with smoke poop

    but smoke-signal pie isn't very nice!

    rifleman, Dec 16, 2003
  10. TRISHA  MCEVILLY

    J R Arthur Guest

    On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 19:30:27 -0600, TRISHA MCEVILLY wrote:

    > I have been unable to recieve any email I am able to send mail can anyone
    > help?

    If you are using Norton. Shutdown the virus scanner for email. Reboot your
    system and then restart Norton virus scan. Norton sometimes 'locks' on
    virus scan. Your email is there it is just not getting through.

    J R Arthur, Dec 16, 2003
  11. TRISHA  MCEVILLY

    gjantz

    Joined:
    May 11, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    USA Colordao
    O E 6 and XP. We can not send emails, it rejects out own email address, Qwest can not help. Webmail does send and receive. I deleted the outbox.dbx and sent.dbx and that did not help. I delete IE7 and unchecked them both in add/remove components and that did not help.
    Does any one know a possible solution?

    gjantz, May 11, 2011