    Can Outlook Express be configured to send mail from OE using my Yahoo
    address?

    Thanks for your consideration and assistance!
    Me/PDX, Dec 31, 2006

  2. Me/PDX

    sittingduck Guest

    Me/PDX wrote:

    > Can Outlook Express be configured to send mail from OE using my Yahoo
    > address?

    http://www.google.com/search?num=10...safe=off&q=Outlook Express Yahoo&btnG=Search
    http://help.yahoo.com/mail/pop/pop-06.html

    Yahoo! Mail users can read their email in Outlook Express by subscribing
    to the Yahoo! Mail Plus service. This service allows you to use Outlook
    Express or another POP3 client to access and manage your Yahoo! Mail
    messages.

    If you are a Mail Plus user, then follow the directions outlined below:

    Outlook Express allows you to add a new email account to your existing
    profile. This means you do not have to replace your current settings in
    order to send and receive Yahoo! Mail messages. Here's how:

    1. From the Tools menu, choose "Accounts." 2. Select the "Mail" tab.
    3. Click the "Add" button. 4. From the Add menu, click "Mail." 5. In
    the text box labeled Display Name, type your name and click "Next."
    6. In the Email Address box, type your Yahoo! Mail address (be sure to
    include "@yahoo.com") and click "Next." 7. Under "My incoming mail
    server is a..." select "POP3." 8. Type "pop.mail.yahoo.com" in the
    Incoming Mail (POP3, IMAP, or HTTP) Server box. 9. Type
    "smtp.mail.yahoo.com" in the Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server box.
    10. Click "Next." 11. In the Account Name box, type your Yahoo! Mail ID
    (your email address without the "@yahoo.com"). 12. In the Password box,
    type your Yahoo! Mail password. 13. If you want Outlook Express to
    remember your password, check the "Remember password" box. 14. Do not
    check the boxes labeled "Log on using Secure..." 15. Click "Next." 16.
    Click "Finish." 17. Select 'pop.mail.yahoo.com' under 'Account,' and
    click 'Properties.' 18. Click the "Servers" tab. 19. Under "Outgoing
    Mail Server" check the box next to "My server requires authentication"
    20. Click the 'Advanced' tab. 21. Under "Outgoing Server (SMTP)", check
    the box next to "This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL).
    Enter port number "465" in the "Outgoing Server (SMTP)" field. 22. Under
    "Incoming Server (POP3)", check the box next to "This server requires an
    encrypted connection (SSL). The port number in the "Incoming Server
    (POP3) field should automatically change from 110 to 995. If it doesn't,
    make sure the port number is set to 995.
    sittingduck, Dec 31, 2006

  3. Me/PDX

    Daave Guest

    sittingduck wrote:
    > Me/PDX wrote:
    >
    >> Can Outlook Express be configured to send mail from OE using my Yahoo
    >> address?

    http://www.google.com/search?num=10...safe=off&q=Outlook Express Yahoo&btnG=Search
    > http://help.yahoo.com/mail/pop/pop-06.html
    >
    > Yahoo! Mail users can read their email in Outlook Express by
    > subscribing to the Yahoo! Mail Plus service. This service allows
    > you to use Outlook Express or another POP3 client to access and
    > manage your Yahoo! Mail messages.

    Yes, that is one way of doing it.

    An alternative to springing for Yahoo! Mail Plus is to use Ypops!:

    http://www.ypopsemail.com/
    Daave, Dec 31, 2006
  4. Me/PDX

    Freezer Guest

    If I don't respond to this Daave post, the terrorists win.

    > Yes, that is one way of doing it.
    >
    > An alternative to springing for Yahoo! Mail Plus is to use
    > Ypops!:
    >
    > http://www.ypopsemail.com/

    Or ditch OE altogether and use Thunderbird and the appropriate
    Webmail extension (2 Yahoo accounts and Hotmail here)

    --
    My name is:
    ____ _
    Freezer, Dec 31, 2006
  5. Me/PDX

    sittingduck Guest

    Freezer wrote:

    > Or ditch OE altogether and use Thunderbird and the appropriate
    > Webmail extension (2 Yahoo accounts and Hotmail here)

    Or simply buy a cheap domain name and manage your own mailserver.
    sittingduck, Dec 31, 2006
  6. Me/PDX

    Me/PDX Guest

    Can you tell me what security and like features are built into Thunderbird?
    Thanks again,

    Me/PDX, Jan 1, 2007
  7. Me/PDX

    Freezer Guest

    If I don't respond to this Me/PDX post, the terrorists win.

    > Can you tell me what security and like features are built into
    > Thunderbird? Thanks again,

    Lets see... Built-in spam and anti-phishing filters, all the
    standard-encriptions, blocks loading of images and HTML by default
    (and you can customize which messages are fully loaded). There's
    plenty of other security measure available via extensions like
    Adblock.

    If they'd just make adding RSS feeds less clunky, it'd be perfect.

    Give it a spin. I think you'd like it.

    --
    My name is:
    ____ _
    Freezer, Jan 1, 2007
  8. Me/PDX

    Frosty Guest

    On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 05:22:04 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk a thought
    sat on Freezer <>'s chest like a vulture,
    I said "Pluck It! And with the feather I'll tickle your throat and you
    can throw it up to me" Said he "I shall" & thus puked:
    >If I don't respond to this Me/PDX post, the terrorists win.
    >
    >> Can you tell me what security and like features are built into
    >> Thunderbird? Thanks again,

    >Lets see... Built-in spam and anti-phishing filters, all the
    >standard-encriptions, blocks loading of images and HTML by default
    >(and you can customize which messages are fully loaded). There's
    >plenty of other security measure available via extensions like
    >Adblock.
    >
    >If they'd just make adding RSS feeds less clunky, it'd be perfect.
    >
    >Give it a spin. I think you'd like it.

    God! <no pun> your website sucks!
    Frosty, Jan 2, 2007