    so that I have the choice of which one I want to use? This was possible
    with Outlook 2000.
    Thanks.

    M, May 1, 2004

  2. M

    Ken Smith Guest

    Outlook XP doesn't replace Outlook Express. You can use either.

    Ken

    Ken Smith, May 1, 2004

  3. M

    Rifleman Guest

    "M" <> wrote in message
    > Is there a way of installing Outlook XP without it replacing Outlook

    Express
    > so that I have the choice of which one I want to use? This was possible
    > with Outlook 2000.
    > Thanks.

    But only one can be set as default.

    Rifleman, May 1, 2004
  4. M

    M Guest

    This didn't seem to be the case on my PC. Outlook replaced the Outlook
    Express icons with its own. I did a system restore to remove Outlook and
    then copied the Outlook Express icons before reinstalling Outlook. The
    result is that the Outlook Express icon starts Outlook. Any suggestions
    appreciated!

    M, May 2, 2004
  5. M

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Yes, Outlook probably replaced your OE icons, but not the program. Try
    running Outlook Express from here: C:\program files\Outlook
    Express\msimn.exe. If that works, make a new shortcut to that, and put the
    shorcut where you want it.

    Toolman Tim, May 2, 2004