  1. Jim Buffaloe

    Jim Buffaloe Guest

    I'm having a problem using Outlook Express. Every time I try to send or receive it asks for my password. I put in the correct password and it asks for it again and and again.......HELP!!
    Jim Buffaloe, Feb 23, 2008

  2. Jim Buffaloe

    Gazwad Guest

    Jim Buffaloe <>, the cross-eyed-dawdler and
    naughty nance who likes explicit hand to gland combat with kangaroo
    rats, and whose partner is a charity moll with a deadly clamato
    fountain, wrote in <38%vj.13342$>:

    Delete the account and recreate it.

    is but a dream within a dream.
    Gazwad, Feb 23, 2008

  3. Jim Buffaloe

    Mike Easter Guest

    Jim Buffaloe wrote:

    You are posting to a newsgroup in html instead of plaintext. That is a
    boo-boo. Change your settings in OE at:

    OE/ Tools/ Options/ Send tab/ News sending format section: check
    plaintext, not html

    You should also consider changing the default setting for email to
    plaintext as well, but that is another story. It is always better to
    post news messages in plaintext. It is better to default configure to
    email in plaintext and to only html email under very specific and
    limited circumstances which might rarely or occasionally possibly make
    an html email appropriate.

    > I'm having a problem using Outlook Express. Every time I try to send
    > or receive it asks for my password. I put in the correct password and
    > it asks for it again and and again.......HELP!!

    Presumably you are referring to email activity and you didn't say
    whether it was occurring with receive or send.

    That is a 'generic' problem/alert when there is a problem with the
    transacting between the mailuseragent and the mailserver; it doesn't
    necessarily have anything to do with a user/pass problem.

    There are various ways of troubleshooting the real issue, using telnet,
    IDServe, or the OE troubleshooting log.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Feb 23, 2008
  4. Jim Buffaloe

    VanguardLH Guest

    VanguardLH, Feb 23, 2008
  5. Jim Buffaloe

    Gazwad Guest

    VanguardLH <>, the anorexic-scumbag and tinny vaseline
    varmint who likes fiendish butt-fucking with spiders, and whose partner
    is a fuckstress with an immense pinkly stinkly, wrote in
    <>:
    > "Jim Buffaloe" wrote in message
    > I'm having a problem using Outlook Express. Every time I try to send or
    > receive it asks for my password. I put in the correct password and it asks
    > for it again and and again.......HELP!!

    <SNIP>

    > We are supposed to guess WHICH version of Windows that you use. If it is
    > pre-Vista then

    Vista doesn't use Outlook Express, you fuckwit.

    is but a dream within a dream.
    Gazwad, Feb 23, 2008
  6. Jim Buffaloe

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 20:13:51 +0000, Jim Buffaloe wrote:

    > Every time I try to send or receive it asks for my password. I put in
    > the correct password and it asks for it again and and again.

    Wait for your email server to become un-fucked up.
    Meat Plow, Feb 23, 2008
  7. Jim Buffaloe

    VanguardLH Guest

    "VanguardLH" <> wrote in message
    > "Jim Buffaloe" wrote in message
    > I'm having a problem using Outlook Express. Every time I try to send
    > or receive it asks for my password. I put in the correct password
    > and it asks for it again and and again.......HELP!!

    Oops, Outlook Express doesn't come in Windows Vista. Don't use Vista
    myself so forgot about that. Windows Mail comes in Vista (or you
    could use the newer Windows Live Mail replacement). However, the
    above search still works to figure out why OE doesn't remember its
    e-mail account login credentials.
    VanguardLH, Feb 24, 2008
  8. Jim Buffaloe

    Badger Guest

    I'm having a problem using Outlook Express. Every time I try to send or
    receive it asks for my password. I put in the correct password and it asks
    for it again and and again.......HELP!!

    This has happened to me too. What you have to do is delete your account and
    re-enter it. Go to Tools/Accounts, highlight your email account and click
    Remove. Then click Add and follow the prompts to re-enter your account
    details. You should find that your password will be accepted after that.
    Oh, and by the way, it's considered bad form to send messages to newsgroups
    in HTML format. Use plain text.
    Badger
    Badger, Feb 27, 2008
  9. Jim Buffaloe

    Trudy Harteg Guest

    Trudy Harteg, Feb 28, 2008

    [nothing]

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Feb 28, 2008
  11. Jim Buffaloe

    raven71

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    I am having the same problem with my sons computer a Gateway Laptop 700X on Verizon.net with win XP professional. It has been working fine till yesterday.
    I keep getting login incorrect and I keep putting the Name and PW in and it keeps asking for it again. I have recreated the account. I have tried his account on my computer and I get wrong PW. Still I could create my Account on his computer and it works.
    Is it a corrupted PW file in one of the folders related to his login info. I am able to log into the Verizon website and get his e-mails and send with no problems.

    So I figure it is not a server problem or even a Outlook Program corruption. I believe it is just isolated to his e-mail info in some folder or something on his computer.

    I did a search outloo* with the hidden folders and I do not see one that looks like outlook~ according to the help file if it was like that then I have a folder problem...Any ideas what to do

    here is the message I get
    There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: '', Server: 'incoming.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
    raven71, Aug 19, 2008