    something off. I download my email. Within a few minutes If I click on
    send/receive I get the same emails again.

    Doug

    Douglas, Feb 8, 2006

  2. Douglas wrote:

    > Why am I getting two or more sets of the same email. DO I need to
    > turn something off. I download my email. Within a few minutes If I
    > click on send/receive I get the same emails again.

    This is probably caused by a malformed email in your ISP server's inbox.
    Typically a spam. Outlook Express has a known bug that causes it to hang
    up when trying to download mail with malformed or incomplete headers.

    Log in to your ISP's web mail interface and delete the offending piece
    of mail (and the ones you've already received). Then log out and try
    again with OE.

    Modern email clients don't have this problem. Consider switching to
    Thunderbird.
    http://mozilla.org/thunderbird/

    --
    -bts