Outlook Express/Thunderbird

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Thomas, Feb 4, 2006.

  1. Thomas

    Thomas Guest

    "Luke O'Malley" <> wrote in message
    > These two email handlers are almost identical. I assume what will
    > cure the problem on Outlook Express will also work for Thunderbird.

    <snip>

    How do I make hyperlinks in messages work again?
    If clicking a hyperlink in Outlook Express appears to do nothing at all,
    first verify that there is a properly installed default browser. It is
    recommended that you make Internet Explorer the default browser at least
    until the problem is resolved.

    For Windows XP:

    1.
    Click Start, point to All Programs, and then click Set Program Access and
    Defaults.

    2.
    Click Custom, and then click on the arrow button to the right of screen to
    reveal all available Web browser options.

    3.
    Under Choose a default Web browser, click Internet Explorer, and then click
    OK.

    For other Windows versions:

    .. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.

    .. Double-click the Internet or Internet Options icon, and then click
    Programs.

    .. Make sure that the Internet Explorer should check to see if it is the
    default check box is selected, click Apply, and then click OK.

    .. Open Internet Explorer, and then click Yes when you receive the following
    prompt:

    "Internet Explorer is not currently your default browser. Do you wish to
    make it the default?"

    If hyperlinks are still not working, it's likely one or more registered file
    associations are configured incorrectly. To repair the associations:

    1.
    Click Start, click My Computer, and then click Folder Options on the Tools
    menu.

    2.
    Click the File Types tab.

    3.
    Select URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocol in the list of registered file
    types.

    4.
    Click the Advanced button (Windows XP), or the Edit button (other
    versions).

    5.
    In the list of Actions, select open and then click the Edit button.

    6.
    The Application used to perform action box should contain this, including
    quotation marks:

    "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -nohome

    If instead it contains a short name version of that path, or an incorrect
    path, change it to the above. Click OK.

    7.
    Repeat steps 3-7 for the file type URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocol with
    Privacy.

    8.
    Click OK to close the Folder Options window.

    ----------------------------
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/OEtopten.mspx

    Thomas, Feb 4, 2006

  2. Thomas

    Vanguard Guest

    > These two email handlers are almost identical. I assume what will
    > cure the problem on Outlook Express will also work for Thunderbird.
    >
    > I have checked on line at mozilla, help files, etc., no answer to my
    > problem.
    >
    > The problem: when I receive an email none of the links on it work.
    > It may say 'Click Here for . . .' and nothing happens when I click
    > on it.
    >
    > Experimenting I found that if I right-clicked on some of these links
    > an then selected 'copy link location' I could then paste it into my
    > browser and they would work. I have a feeling that there is some
    > box that I did not select in the setup, but I can not find it.
    > Please help.
    >
    > Goodwill,
    > Luke

    Found by a Google search:

    http://groups.google.com/group/micr...99a99521a66/7c847ff99aab543e#7c847ff99aab543e

    Post replies to the newsgroup. Share with others.

    Vanguard, Feb 4, 2006

  3. Thomas

    Donald Guest

    Try holding down shift key and click

    Donald, Feb 4, 2006
  4. Thomas

    samuel Guest

    Luke O'Malley <> wrote in

    > In article ds0s51$f96$,
    > "Vanguard" <> said:
    > -->
    > -->"Luke O'Malley" <> wrote in
    > message -->news:A1REf.2352$...
    > -->>
    > -->>
    > -->>
    > -->>
    > -->>
    > -->
    > -->Found by a Google search:
    > -->
    > -->
    > -->
    > -->
    >
    > ?????

    did you read
    http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.win98.internet.outl
    ookexpress/browse_frm/thread/55f8699a99521a66/7c847ff99aab543e#7c84
    7ff99aab543e

    maybe paste those links into your browser ?

    your > -->>
    are ugly

    samuel, Feb 10, 2006
  5. In article yyQGf.677$,
    Luke O'Malley <> said:
    -->
    -->

    Luke O'Malley, Feb 12, 2006
  6. Thomas

    samuel Guest

    Luke O'Malley <> wrote in

    > In article
    > 43ebf8f6$0$176$,
    > samuel <> said:
    > -->
    > -->Luke O'Malley <> wrote in
    > -->news:yyQGf.677$:

    > -->> ?????
    > -->
    > -->did you read
    > -->http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.win98.intern
    > et.outl
    > -->ookexpress/browse_frm/thread/55f8699a99521a66/7c847ff99aab54
    > 3e#7c84 -->7ff99aab543e
    > -->
    > -->
    > -->maybe paste those links into your browser ?
    > -->
    > -->are ugly
    > -->
    > -->
    >
    > How do I paste the links into my browser?
    > Luke

    you said

    samuel, Feb 12, 2006