Outlook Express sub actions very slow

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by ava cohen, Aug 21, 2004.

  1. ava cohen

    ava cohen Guest

    Outlook Express sub actions very slow

    I have a Win ME PC

    OE opens at normal speed but when I click to:

    - read a mail- it takes forever to open
    -reply to a message - it takes forever to open

    it is very SLOW.

    I ran
    - adaware
    - AVG virus scan
    -Scandisk
    -Defrag

    Still very slow.

    What else can I do ?

    Any suggestions ?

    PLEASE HELP> I AM NOT TECHNICAL.

    Thanks
    Ava
    ava cohen, Aug 21, 2004

  2. ava cohen

    colin Guest

    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/slownews.htm
    colin, Aug 21, 2004

  3. ava cohen

    ava cohen Guest

    I do not subscribe to any newsgroups.

    Though we have 6 different identities on OE. But upto a week ago
    there was no problem.
    This happened all of a sudden.

    I deleted all the mail in the delete folder, created new folders and
    emptied the Inbox,
    compacted ALL the folders etc.

    Still it it takes forever to open an email when I click on it or a
    open a create mail window when I click on it.

    Can anyone PLEASE Help me.

    What else can I do ?

    I am NOT technical.

    Thanks
    ava

    ava cohen, Aug 23, 2004
  4. ava cohen

    Justin Guest

    might want to reinstall Micro$oft Lookout. It's a turd of a program in the
    first place.

    Justin, Aug 23, 2004
  5. ava cohen

    rita goldman Guest

    Am I doing the right thing? . Re: Outlook Express sub actions very slow

    Am I doing the right thing ?

    To compact the folders I created new folders in OE6 under local folders.
    Should the new folders be created under LOCAL FOLDERS ?
    After the above I went offline and compacted the folders.

    I have tried everything so far but My OE6 is still Freezing.

    Any other suggestions ?

    I am not technical. I use Comcast cable. OE used to be great now it Frezzes on me.

    PLEASE HELP !

    Thanks
    Ava

    rita goldman, Aug 24, 2004
  6. ava cohen

    Jim Berwick Guest

    Re: Am I doing the right thing? . Re: Outlook Express sub actions very slow

    (rita goldman) wrote in

    > I am not technical. I use Comcast cable. OE used to be great now it
    > Frezzes on me.

    A) OE sucks
    B) Have you considered calling Comcast for help?
    Jim Berwick, Aug 24, 2004