    in .dbx files. How do I move those files so that they can be read on my
    new computer running Windows Mail (with Vista)?

    Thanks.

    DZN, Mar 21, 2008

  2. DZN

    Mike Easter Guest

    DZN wrote:
    > My address book and email folders in Outlet Express (with Windows XP
    > SE) are in .dbx files. How do I move those files so that they can
    > be read on my new computer running Windows Mail (with Vista)?

    There is probably more on your old computer than just the OE folder and
    the .wab that you could use on the new.

    You could use a easy transfer cable, a local network, or
    moveable/removeable media such as flash drive, burned cd/dvd, or
    external hdd.

    But, from your description, it is possible the two computers don't
    facilitate easy connection and if all you want is the OE folder and the
    ..wab, and you have a big enough flash drive, then you could copy the OE
    folder and .wab to the flash drive and import the OE messages into the
    Vista's Mail and the .wab into the addressbook.

    That method doesn't transfer some other OE information that is in the
    registry that some people might want.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 21, 2008

  3. DZN

    PeeCee Guest

    "DZN" <> wrote in message
    > My address book and email folders in Outlet Express (with Windows XP SE)
    > are in .dbx files. How do I move those files so that they can be read on
    > my new computer running Windows Mail (with Vista)?
    >
    > Thanks.

    David

    In your XP Outlook Express go:
    Tools
    Maintenance tab
    Click on the 'Store Folder' button and note the location of OE's files, in
    particular the "Outlook Express" folder.

    While in OE go:
    File
    Export
    Addressbook
    and follow the CSV export wizard.

    Now copy the exported Addressbook.csv and the Outlook Express folder located
    in the Store Folder path noted above.
    ( you may have to set 'show hidden files' in Control Panel, Folders Options
    to find it)
    Place the copys on the new Vista PC where you can find them.

    Now open Windows Mail on your Vista PC:
    File
    Import
    And follow the wizards to import your Address book (Contacts) and OE
    messages.

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Mar 22, 2008