    Password not an issue - this is for convenience not security.

    Pointers?

    Ian Boag

    Ian Boag, Jul 20, 2003

  2. "Ian Boag" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'd like to set up a system where Fred can run OE to collect fred's
    > mail and Sam can run it to collect Sam's. Separate desktop icons.
    > Password not an issue - this is for convenience not security.
    >
    > Pointers?

    Easy. File->Identities->Add new identity. Each person has their own complete
    system. You can switch identities from that menu. I think that a prompt
    comes up every time you start OE to choose identity.. but it may only come
    up when you have a password set for every account. Try putting the password
    "password" on there if that is the case.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Jul 20, 2003

  3. Ian Boag

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I'd like to set up a system where Fred can run OE to collect fred's
    > mail and Sam can run it to collect Sam's. Separate desktop icons.
    > Password not an issue - this is for convenience not security.
    >
    > Pointers?

    Identities

    Mainlander, Jul 20, 2003
  4. Ian Boag

    lily Guest

    "Mainlander" <*@*.*> wrote in message
    > In article <BuPSa.6309$>,
    > says...
    > > Ian Boag allegedly said:
    > >
    > > > I'd like to set up a system where Fred can run OE to collect fred's
    > > > mail and Sam can run it to collect Sam's. Separate desktop icons.
    > > > Password not an issue - this is for convenience not security.
    > > >
    > > > Pointers?
    > > >
    > > > Ian Boag

    > > Pegasys mail. Does it by design. Written by a Kiwi. World famous.

    > he asked about Outlook Express, try to give him an answer about it or
    > shut up if you can't.

    Its quite useful info.
    You are being rather bitchy and oversensitive Patrick

    lily, Jul 22, 2003
  5. Ian Boag

    Ian Boag Guest

    Thankyou all chaps :)

    Bogeyman

    Ian Boag, Jul 22, 2003
  6. Ian Boag

    Steve Guest

    Mainlander allegedly said:

    > In article <BuPSa.6309$>,
    > says...
    >> Ian Boag allegedly said:
    >>
    >> > I'd like to set up a system where Fred can run OE to collect fred's
    >> > mail and Sam can run it to collect Sam's. Separate desktop icons.
    >> > Password not an issue - this is for convenience not security.
    >> >
    >> > Pointers?
    >> >
    >> > Ian Boag

    >> Pegasys mail. Does it by design. Written by a Kiwi. World famous.

    > he asked about Outlook Express, try to give him an answer about it or
    > shut up if you can't.

    Or I could be an asshole like you - but I opted not to.

    --
    Steve

    Steve, Jul 23, 2003
  7. Ian Boag

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <x5oTa.6648$>,
    says...
    > Mainlander allegedly said:
    >
    > > In article <BuPSa.6309$>,
    > > says...

    > >> Pegasys mail. Does it by design. Written by a Kiwi. World famous.

    > > he asked about Outlook Express, try to give him an answer about it or
    > > shut up if you can't.

    > Or I could be an asshole like you - but I opted not to.

    No instead you try to convert the guy to your choice of package. he asked
    for information on Outlook Express, not <insert your favourite software
    name here>.

    Start your own thread instead of hijacking someone elses like you do in
    the politics newsgroup.

    Mainlander, Jul 24, 2003
  8. Ian Boag

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <x5oTa.6648$>,
    says...
    > Mainlander allegedly said:
    >
    > > In article <BuPSa.6309$>,
    > > says...

    > >> Pegasys mail. Does it by design. Written by a Kiwi. World famous.

    > > he asked about Outlook Express, try to give him an answer about it or
    > > shut up if you can't.

    > Or I could be an asshole like you - but I opted not to.

    Really? I'd say you have a line on that, filling up nz.general and
    nz.politics with pointless flame wars.

    Mainlander, Jul 24, 2003
  9. Ian Boag

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:35:38 +1200, Mainlander wrote:
    >

    > > Really? I'd say you have a line on that, filling up nz.general and
    > > nz.politics with pointless flame wars.

    > Keep it there Dunford.
    > Stalking in nz.comp isn't welcome.

    Who made you the moderator? Get a life