    mailbtinternet.com,but when my computer is restarted it reads 127.0.0.1
    which I keep having to change to access my e mails.
    Thanks

    kevin vickers, Dec 22, 2004

  2. kevin vickers

    trout Guest

    kevin vickers wrote:

    > Each time I restart my computer one of my settings keeps resetting
    > wrongly,its the pop3 incoming mail server which should read
    > mailbtinternet.com,but when my computer is restarted it reads
    > 127.0.0.1 which I keep having to change to access my e mails.
    > Thanks

    What anti-virus program are you using? It may be that one is
    changing that setting because it is set to scan incoming mail.
    --
    "My first guess, anyway."

    trout, Dec 22, 2004

  3. kevin vickers

    Steve Guest

    "kevin vickers" <> wrote in message
    > Each time I restart my computer one of my settings keeps resetting
    > wrongly,its the pop3 incoming mail server which should read
    > mailbtinternet.com,but when my computer is restarted it reads
    > 127.0.0.1 which I keep having to change to access my e mails.
    > Thanks

    What antivirus program have you got?

    Steve, Dec 22, 2004
  4. kevin vickers

    Conor Guest

    In article kevin vickers says...
    > Each time I restart my computer one of my settings keeps resetting
    > wrongly,its the pop3 incoming mail server which should read
    > mailbtinternet.com,but when my computer is restarted it reads 127.0.0.1
    > which I keep having to change to access my e mails.

    I take it you're using Norton Anti-Virus? If so then nothing is wrong.

    --
    Conor

    -- George Patton

    Conor, Dec 22, 2004
  5. kevin vickers

    Bob B Guest

    I am going to presume you are using AVG, if so go to there site as there is
    something on there about changing the pop setting to numbers.

    Bob B, Dec 22, 2004