    Disk Cleanup, ScanDisk, and Disk Defrag, but no change.
    Any thoughts?
    ....Art
    turboart, Oct 29, 2005

  2. turboart

    Toolman Tim Guest

    turboart wrote:
    > I am running OE6 and Win98SE. Suddenly, after 5 problem-free years,
    > something has fouled up OE. It started out when I could not reach my
    > ISP's SMTP server with a message that I was replying to. Then I
    > couldn't send anything although I was receiving messages just fine.
    > Tech support had me uninstall McAfee, which I really never used or
    > updated. They also had me remove my account info from OE and then put
    > it back in. I can now receive messages as well as send, BUT:
    > OE now takes about 1 minute to fully boot whereas it used to do it
    > instantly. Further, it takes about 45 seconds for the first window
    > (either create New Message or read old message) to open whereas that
    > used to happen instantly. Subsequent message windows do open
    > instantly. There are a few other oddities with OE and my connect
    > software. Everything else with the computer works just fine. I ran
    > Disk Cleanup, ScanDisk, and Disk Defrag, but no change.
    > Any thoughts?
    > ...Art

    Have you run the OE maintenance tools?

    Click on Tools, Options, Maintenance tab, Clean Up Now.

    like an idiot.
    Toolman Tim, Oct 29, 2005

  3. turboart

    turboart Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    > Have you run the OE maintenance tools?
    >
    > Click on Tools, Options, Maintenance tab, Clean Up Now.
    >
    > --

    When I do that, I get some buttons that look like I'm going to wipe out
    my stored messages if I click on them. I really don't want to do that!
    ....Art
    turboart, Oct 29, 2005
  4. turboart

    Toolman Tim Guest

    turboart wrote:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >>
    >> Have you run the OE maintenance tools?
    >>
    >> Click on Tools, Options, Maintenance tab, Clean Up Now.
    >>
    >> --

    > When I do that, I get some buttons that look like I'm going to wipe
    > out my stored messages if I click on them. I really don't want to do
    > that! ...Art

    Press the OTHER button. The one that says Compact.

    like an idiot.
    Toolman Tim, Oct 29, 2005