    attachment just fine but recently its stopping family members sending pics
    of the family . Have I got a setting of some sort set to high?

    Thanks R

    The Rifleman, Nov 18, 2007

  2. The Rifleman wrote:

    > Hi group, can anyone please explain to me how I can stop OE6 from
    > removing attachments on my E mails, Its A packard bell running
    > windows xp SP2 withMcafee anti Virus system, I dont knopw what
    > happened it used to allow attachment just fine but recently its
    > stopping family members sending pics of the family . Have I got a
    > setting of some sort set to high?

    Just got a Windows update, didn't ya?

    Tools > Options > Security tab
    [ ] Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that ...

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 18, 2007

  3. The Rifleman

    TJ Guest

    "The Rifleman" <> wrote in

    > Hi group, can anyone please explain to me how I can stop OE6 from
    > removing attachments on my E mails, Its A packard bell running
    > windows xp SP2 withMcafee anti Virus system, I dont knopw what
    > happened it used to allow attachment just fine but recently its
    > stopping family members sending pics of the family . Have I got a
    > setting of some sort set to high?

    The devil is always in the details and you haven't provided many.

    Exactly what happens when you hit send? Does the message appear to go, or
    does it stay in your outbox? If it appears to go, does the *body* of the
    message get through to the recipient?

    Any error messages?

    TJ, Nov 18, 2007
  4. The Rifleman

    TJ Guest

    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in news:bBX%
    i.28917$:

    > The Rifleman wrote:
    >
    >> Hi group, can anyone please explain to me how I can stop OE6 from
    >> removing attachments on my E mails, Its A packard bell running
    >> windows xp SP2 withMcafee anti Virus system, I dont knopw what
    >> happened it used to allow attachment just fine but recently its
    >> stopping family members sending pics of the family . Have I got a
    >> setting of some sort set to high?

    > Just got a Windows update, didn't ya?
    >
    > Tools > Options > Security tab
    > [ ] Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that ...

    Would that have an effect on OUTGOING attachments as well?

    Because he's talking about not being able to SEND email with attachments,
    not receive them.

    TJ, Nov 18, 2007
  5. The Rifleman

    TJ Guest

    TJ <> wrote in

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in
    > news:bBX% i.28917$:
    >
    >> The Rifleman wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi group, can anyone please explain to me how I can stop OE6 from
    >>> removing attachments on my E mails, Its A packard bell running
    >>> windows xp SP2 withMcafee anti Virus system, I dont knopw what
    >>> happened it used to allow attachment just fine but recently its
    >>> stopping family members sending pics of the family . Have I got a
    >>> setting of some sort set to high?

    >> Just got a Windows update, didn't ya?
    >>
    >> Tools > Options > Security tab
    >> [ ] Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that ...

    > Would that have an effect on OUTGOING attachments as well?
    >
    > Because he's talking about not being able to SEND email with
    > attachments, not receive them.

    I take it back, Beau. He could be talking either way but you're probably
    right. Three times I parsed, "... it used to allow attachment just fine
    but recently its stopping family members sending pics of the family." as
    meaning HIS household's inability to send pics to other members of the
    family.

    TJ, Nov 18, 2007
  6. TJ wrote:

    > I take it back, Beau. He could be talking either way but you're
    > probably right. Three times I parsed, "... it used to allow
    > attachment just fine but recently its stopping family members sending
    > pics of the family." as meaning HIS household's inability to send
    > pics to other members of the family.

    I read it a couple of times meself. Then I decided he has fallen victim
    to the Microsloth habit of changing options without asking. And the one
    I mentioned seems to be changed to [X] checked by a lot of the updates.
    Has been for years, and is a common question shortly after "Patch
    Tuesday."

    "Why can't I receive attachments any more????!!!1?????"

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 18, 2007
  7. The Rifleman

    The Rifleman Guest

    Gentlemen I am in your debt, you are exactly right, I wish I was as sharp as
    you guys, thank you very much. R

    The Rifleman, Nov 18, 2007
  8. The Rifleman

    TJ Guest

    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in news:3AY%
    i.111494$:

    > TJ wrote:
    >
    >> I take it back, Beau. He could be talking either way but you're
    >> probably right. Three times I parsed, "... it used to allow
    >> attachment just fine but recently its stopping family members sending
    >> pics of the family." as meaning HIS household's inability to send
    >> pics to other members of the family.

    > I read it a couple of times meself. Then I decided he has fallen victim
    > to the Microsloth habit of changing options without asking. And the one
    > I mentioned seems to be changed to [X] checked by a lot of the updates.
    > Has been for years, and is a common question shortly after "Patch
    > Tuesday."
    >
    > "Why can't I receive attachments any more????!!!1?????"

    Yup. Like I said, you're probably right. Especially since the OP hasn't
    gotten back to the thread.

    I was also thrown by, "can anyone please explain to me how I can stop OE6
    from removing attachments on my E mails?"

    I parsed, "attachments on *my* emails" as meaning outgoing email
    attachments, not incoming ones. I think of *my* email as being sent BY
    (not to) me. ;-)

    TJ, Nov 18, 2007
  9. The Rifleman

    TJ Guest

    "The Rifleman" <> wrote in

    > Gentlemen I am in your debt, you are exactly right, I wish I was as
    > sharp as you guys, thank you very much. R

    Beau got it right. I completely whiffed on it.

    Good thing I wasn't trying to hit a home run or I mighta thrown my back
    out. :)

    TJ, Nov 18, 2007
  10. TJ wrote:

    > Yup. Like I said, you're probably right. Especially since the OP
    > hasn't gotten back to the thread.

    He has now; see recent post where he replied to his own OP.

    "Gentlemen I am in your debt, you are exactly right, " ... :)

    (You are welcome, Rifleman.)

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 18, 2007