    attachments.

    Thanks...
    Sherri in Bonita

    Sarah Englehardt, Sep 18, 2003

  2. Sarah Englehardt

    °Mike° Guest

    Tools / Options / Security.
    Uncheck 'Do not allow attachments to be saved...'

    On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 12:55:26 -0700, in
    <H4oab.6410$v%5.3593@fed1read02>
    Sarah Englehardt scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 18, 2003

  3. Sarah Englehardt

    trout Guest

    Sarah Englehardt wrote:

    > Hello all you "smarter than me" users out there. I just got a new
    > system with XP...no software loaded other than the standard stuff it
    > comes with. I have Outlook Express through my cox.net cable.
    >
    > I am finding that when I receive messages with
    > attachments...legitimate attachments, I get the following message and
    > no attachment:
    >
    > OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your
    > mail...<attachmentNAME.eml>
    >
    > Anyone know what I need to do to fix this. I'd like to be able to
    > access my attachments.
    >
    > Thanks...
    > Sherri in Bonita

    Click on Tools > Options > Security; remove check beside "Do not
    allow attachments...."
    --
    "Just be careful when opening attachments."

    trout, Sep 18, 2003
  4. Sarah Englehardt

    rob Guest

    http://www.techhowto.org/howto/oeattach.html

    rob, Sep 18, 2003
  5. On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:07:11 GMT, °Mike°
    <> proffered, in :

    > Tools / Options / Security.
    > Uncheck 'Do not allow attachments to be saved...'
    >

    > On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 12:55:26 -0700, in
    > <H4oab.6410$v%5.3593@fed1read02>
    > Sarah Englehardt scrawled:
    >
    >> Hello all you "smarter than me" users out there. I just got a new
    >> system with XP...no software loaded other than the standard stuff
    >> it comes with. I have Outlook Express through my cox.net cable.
    >>
    >> I am finding that when I receive messages with
    >> attachments...legitimate attachments, I get the following message
    >> and no attachment:
    >>
    >> OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your
    >> mail...<attachmentNAME.eml>
    >>
    >> Anyone know what I need to do to fix this. I'd like to be able to
    >> access my attachments.
    >>
    >> Thanks...
    >> Sherri in Bonita

    I had an interesting lesson in learning from a learner the other day. I
    have always told my clients that, if they receive unexpected emails
    from someone they know, they should not open them, but instead should
    email the sender to confirm that it was a legitimate email, and not a
    self-spreading worm. One of my clients, though, has refined this still
    further. She deletes all unsolicited email from people she knows, and
    asks them to resend it, with a subject line that she asks them to use.
    I was embarrassed to to realise that I had never even thought of such a
    simple, elegant solution to the problem.

    --
    Q: I was listening to a CD in Grip and it sounded horrible! What's up?
    A: Perhaps you are listening to country music...

    Max Quordlepleen, Sep 18, 2003
  6. Sarah Englehardt

    trout Guest

    Max Quordlepleen wrote:
    <snip>

    > I had an interesting lesson in learning from a learner the other day.
    > I have always told my clients that, if they receive unexpected emails
    > from someone they know, they should not open them, but instead should
    > email the sender to confirm that it was a legitimate email, and not a
    > self-spreading worm. One of my clients, though, has refined this still
    > further. She deletes all unsolicited email from people she knows, and
    > asks them to resend it, with a subject line that she asks them to use.
    > I was embarrassed to to realise that I had never even thought of such
    > a simple, elegant solution to the problem.

    I'd be more embarrassed to ask. Or to tell people that I'd thrown
    their mail out because they didn't use the subject line I told them to;
    and they should send it again.
    --
    "How long can she be out of the house, before running home to see if the
    stove was left on?"

    trout, Sep 19, 2003
  7. On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 02:21:43 GMT, "trout" <>
    proffered, in : news:bkdp7o$kfjh$-berlin.de:

    > I'd be more embarrassed to ask. Or to tell people that I'd
    > thrown
    > their mail out because they didn't use the subject line I told
    > them to; and they should send it again.

    I realised after I sent it that I should have clarified. She does that
    only when she receives unsolicited email with attachments.

    --
    If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

    http://www.maxqnz.com/References.html

    Max Quordlepleen, Sep 19, 2003