    I would appreciate any help/thoughts/suggestions.

    Thanks and Happy Holidays

    Al
    Al Dean, Dec 20, 2003

  2. Al Dean

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Al Dean said:

    > OE 6.0 is acting ugly the last few days. Normally when an app does this I
    > would uninstall then reinstall and everyone is happy. I'm thinkin' thanks to
    > Mr. Gate$, I can't uninstall OE or IE.
    >
    > I am running WinXP Pro.
    >
    > I would appreciate any help/thoughts/suggestions.
    >
    > Thanks and Happy Holidays
    >

    > Al

    Just how much crap do you have "stored" in OE?
    How often to you get rid of old messages?
    How often do you go through the maintenance options within OE?
    And whatever you do, do *not* tick the box marked "Compact messages in the
    background" but do it compact manually instead.
    What size cache do you have in Internet Options, under Temporary Internet Files
    | Settings? Don't set it above 80MB.
    How often do you clear your cache?
    How often do you do *any* maintenance on your system?
    Brian H¹©, Dec 20, 2003

  3. Al Dean

    Bob B Guest

    > Al Dean said:
    >
    > > OE 6.0 is acting ugly the last few days. Normally when an app does this

    > > would uninstall then reinstall and everyone is happy. I'm thinkin'

    thanks to
    > > Mr. Gate$, I can't uninstall OE or IE.
    > >
    > > I am running WinXP Pro.
    > >
    > > I would appreciate any help/thoughts/suggestions.
    > >
    > > Thanks and Happy Holidays
    > >

    > > Al

    > Just how much crap do you have "stored" in OE?
    > How often to you get rid of old messages?
    > How often do you go through the maintenance options within OE?
    > And whatever you do, do *not* tick the box marked "Compact messages in the
    > background" but do it compact manually instead.
    > What size cache do you have in Internet Options, under Temporary Internet

    Files
    > | Settings? Don't set it above 80MB.
    > How often do you clear your cache?
    > How often do you do *any* maintenance on your system?

    This elderly friend has almost the same problem ....his his outlook
    express6 in XP pro shuts down when tries to access it with a message saying
    it will send a report to Mr Gates.....which is the best way to repair it
    ..BB....or it could be he also has too much junk on it .. ....will check
    ...any other suggestions will also be welcome
    Bob B, Dec 20, 2003
  4. Al Dean

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Bob B said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
    >> Al Dean said:
    >>
    >>> OE 6.0 is acting ugly the last few days. Normally when an app does this I
    >>> would uninstall then reinstall and everyone is happy. I'm thinkin' thanks to
    >>> Mr. Gate$, I can't uninstall OE or IE.
    >>>
    >>> I am running WinXP Pro.
    >>>
    >>> I would appreciate any help/thoughts/suggestions.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks and Happy Holidays
    >>>

    >>> Al

    >> Just how much crap do you have "stored" in OE?
    >> How often to you get rid of old messages?
    >> How often do you go through the maintenance options within OE?
    >> And whatever you do, do *not* tick the box marked "Compact messages in the
    >> background" but do it compact manually instead.
    >> What size cache do you have in Internet Options, under Temporary Internet

    > Files
    >>> Settings? Don't set it above 80MB.

    >> How often do you clear your cache?
    >> How often do you do *any* maintenance on your system?
    >>

    > This elderly friend has almost the same problem ....his his outlook
    > express6 in XP pro shuts down when tries to access it with a message saying
    > it will send a report to Mr Gates.....which is the best way to repair it
    > .BB....or it could be he also has too much junk on it .. ....will check
    > ..any other suggestions will also be welcome

    There is an option somewhere to stop the report request, and by the sounds of
    it, he may need to upgrade his version of IE/OE as I think that was prevalent in
    the older versions.
    Brian H¹©, Dec 20, 2003
  5. Al Dean

    Ionizer Guest

    "Al Dean" <> wrote in message
    > OE 6.0 is acting ugly the last few days. Normally when an app does this I
    > would uninstall then reinstall and everyone is happy. I'm thinkin' thanks

    > Mr. Gate$, I can't uninstall OE or IE.
    >
    > I am running WinXP Pro.
    >
    > I would appreciate any help/thoughts/suggestions.

    Have a look here, and also elsewhere on this very helpful site:
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/performance.htm#slow

    Regards,
    Ian.
    Ionizer, Dec 20, 2003
  6. Al Dean

    Richard Guest

    "Al Dean" <> wrote in message
    > OE 6.0 is acting ugly the last few days. Normally when an app does this I
    > would uninstall then reinstall and everyone is happy. I'm thinkin' thanks

    > Mr. Gate$, I can't uninstall OE or IE.
    >
    > I am running WinXP Pro.
    >
    > I would appreciate any help/thoughts/suggestions.
    >
    > Thanks and Happy Holidays
    >

    > Al

    Actually, you can. MSN has a descriptive web site to do it with.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=kb;en-us;q293907
    Richard, Dec 21, 2003