    ideas where on the MS site this hotfix is located?

    Thanks.

    Adam
    Adam Steiner, Jan 25, 2004

  2. Adam Steiner

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Adam Steiner" <> wrote in
    news::

    > Hey guys,
    >
    > Friend of mine came over to me with an error code of #0x800CCC0B when
    > using Outlook Express. The code corresponds to a KB article
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827349 but I haven't been able to
    > find the hotfix for it, the site seems to give a runaround and implies
    > you need to call up to get the hotfix. It applies to Office XP
    > SP2...anyone have any ideas where on the MS site this hotfix is
    > located?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Adam

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1A8CE553-AB76-
    4A63-99DA-B4ED914C1514&displaylang=EN

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jan 25, 2004

  3. Adam Steiner

    Adam Steiner Guest

    "Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message
    > "Adam Steiner" <> wrote in
    >
    > > Hey guys,
    > >
    > > Friend of mine came over to me with an error code of #0x800CCC0B when
    > > using Outlook Express. The code corresponds to a KB article
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827349 but I haven't been able to
    > > find the hotfix for it, the site seems to give a runaround and implies
    > > you need to call up to get the hotfix. It applies to Office XP
    > > SP2...anyone have any ideas where on the MS site this hotfix is
    > > located?
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > Adam
    > >

    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1A8CE553-AB76-
    > 4A63-99DA-B4ED914C1514&displaylang=EN
    >
    > Duane :)

    Interestingly, it says the download is unavailable...but I'll keep looking.
    Thanks Duane.

    --Adam
    Adam Steiner, Jan 26, 2004
  4. Adam Steiner

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Adam Steiner" <> wrote in

    > "Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message
    >> "Adam Steiner" <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > Hey guys,
    >> >
    >> > Friend of mine came over to me with an error code of #0x800CCC0B
    >> > when using Outlook Express. The code corresponds to a KB article
    >> > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827349 but I haven't been able
    >> > to find the hotfix for it, the site seems to give a runaround and
    >> > implies you need to call up to get the hotfix. It applies to
    >> > Office XP SP2...anyone have any ideas where on the MS site this
    >> > hotfix is located?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks.
    >> >
    >> > Adam
    >> >

    >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1A8CE553-AB76
    >> - 4A63-99DA-B4ED914C1514&displaylang=EN
    >>
    >> Duane :)

    > Interestingly, it says the download is unavailable...but I'll keep
    > looking. Thanks Duane.
    >
    > --Adam

    I just went there and had no problems downloading it.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jan 26, 2004
  5. Adam Steiner

    > "Adam Steiner" <> wrote in
    >

    > > "Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message
    > >> "Adam Steiner" <> wrote in

    > >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1A8CE553-AB76
    > >> - 4A63-99DA-B4ED914C1514&displaylang=EN
    > >>
    > >> Duane :)

    > > Interestingly, it says the download is unavailable...but I'll keep
    > > looking. Thanks Duane.
    > >
    > > --Adam
    > >

    > I just went there and had no problems downloading it.

    Stupid OE breaking up links....I got it. Thanks again.
    Adam Steiner, Jan 26, 2004
  6. Adam Steiner

    Trent© Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 21:51:30 GMT, "Adam Steiner"
    <> wrote:

    >Hey guys,
    >
    >Friend of mine came over to me with an error code of #0x800CCC0B when using
    >Outlook Express. The code corresponds to a KB article
    >http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827349 but I haven't been able to find
    >the hotfix for it, the site seems to give a runaround and implies you need
    >to call up to get the hotfix. It applies to Office XP SP2...anyone have any
    >ideas where on the MS site this hotfix is located?

    Let us know if that solves your problem, Adam. The white paper you
    pointed us to pertains to Outlook...not OE.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    If the cheese isn't yours...its Nacho cheese, man!
    Trent©, Jan 27, 2004
  7. Adam Steiner

    Thor Guest

    "Adam Steiner" <> wrote in message

    > "Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message
    > > "Adam Steiner" <> wrote in
    > >

    > > > "Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1A8CE553-AB76

    > > > Interestingly, it says the download is unavailable...but I'll keep
    > > > looking. Thanks Duane.
    > > >
    > > > --Adam
    > > >

    > > I just went there and had no problems downloading it.
    > >

    > Stupid OE breaking up links....I got it. Thanks again.

    Note that the download link is for OfficeXP service pack SP2. The hotfix
    mentioned in the article 827349 is NOT included in SP2. It was created a
    month after SP2 was released. You have to contact Microsoft to get the
    hotfix mentioned in the article. It hasn't been officially released yet. I
    know because I probably will need the hotfix for one of my customers who
    keeps getting timeout errors when sending and receiving mail in Outlook.
    Seems to be a fairly common problem with Outlook XP.
    Thor, Jan 27, 2004
  8. Adam Steiner

    Adam Steiner Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in message

    > "Adam Steiner" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message
    > > > "Adam Steiner" <> wrote in

    article

    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1A8CE553-AB76

    > > > I just went there and had no problems downloading it.
    > > >

    > > Stupid OE breaking up links....I got it. Thanks again.

    > Note that the download link is for OfficeXP service pack SP2. The hotfix
    > mentioned in the article 827349 is NOT included in SP2. It was created a
    > month after SP2 was released. You have to contact Microsoft to get the
    > hotfix mentioned in the article. It hasn't been officially released yet. I
    > know because I probably will need the hotfix for one of my customers who
    > keeps getting timeout errors when sending and receiving mail in Outlook.
    > Seems to be a fairly common problem with Outlook XP.

    Yeah, I just downloaded it and saw that. I hope they get around to
    releasing it soon.

    --Adam
    Adam Steiner, Jan 27, 2004