    Any way of Attaching the complete "main" folder ?

    Thanks,
    Bob
    Robert11, Nov 20, 2005

  2. Robert11

    Mike Easter Guest

    Robert11 wrote:

    > Would like to Attach a "main" Folder (via Insert/File Attachment)
    > containing a bunch of individual files, and also a few sub-folders
    > with some some additional files. About 400K in total.

    You are interested in sending a collection of files and directory
    structure/s and preserving those filenames and directory structure.

    > Won't allow me to; apparently OE wants me to select individual files
    > to Attach.

    Correct.

    > Any way of Attaching the complete "main" folder ?

    Sort of. One of the purposes of archiving utilities is not only to
    'compress' or to make the structure more efficient for transmitting, but
    it is also to be able to both retain the structure of the archiving
    process as well as an 'integrity checker' to be sure that everything
    that was sent got to the destination in the same condition.

    You would use some kind of archiving tool to archive and compress the
    files and folders and retain their path/directory structures which would
    also be compatible or consistent with your recipient's capabilities.

    If you recipient doesn't even know what a .zip file is, then you would
    create a self-extracting archive.

    Use your archiver on your collection of files and end up with a single
    file which will turn back into the structure you sent after it is
    received and decompressed/dearchived, unzipped.

    Zip is one such format, there are others which are 'better' in one way
    or another.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Nov 20, 2005