Outlook Express problems

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by BLueCoBra, Sep 11, 2003.

  1. BLueCoBra

    BLueCoBra Guest

    For the last 2 months or so, OE has been starting up rather slow and also
    starting my AOL Instant Messenging service too. I used to have OE check all
    of my email accounts when it launches but it started asking for the
    passwords of the accounts even though I have 'remember password' checked. So
    to avoid the hassle of entering passwords everytime I launch OE I disabled
    'check email accounts on program startup' (or something to that effect.
    Can anybody help me here and give me some insight what is going on? This is
    very annoying.
    FYI I'm on dial-up using dial-up connection (no ISP software installed),
    running Win2000 Pro. If you need more info ask for it here.
    BTW I'm using Outlook Express 6.
    ....and no, I don't have the MSBlaster virus.

    TIA

    --
    BLueCoBra

    BLueCoBra, Sep 11, 2003

  2. BLueCoBra

    natural_4u Guest

    I haven't used OE for a while now but maybe you can try to remove all
    accounts, reboot and add it again.

    natural_4u, Sep 12, 2003

  3. BLueCoBra

    BLueCoBra Guest

    Oh Joy! heh Maybe I'll just uninstall and find better newsreader and email
    prgms. Thx anyways

    --
    BLueCoBra

    -- Please pardon my driving, I'm reloading.

    BLueCoBra, Sep 12, 2003
  4. BLueCoBra

    ek Guest

    Try this link below

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;264672&Product=oex

    ek, Sep 20, 2003
  5. BLueCoBra

    sashusmom

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    outlook hijacks my aol messages

    Hi-I never used outlook express because I could never figure out how to get it to send mail. I found info that said to change the outgoing port to 587. So I reinstalled this as an aol imap. Was able to send mail-read mail. But when I went to Aol to check what was going on, I found all my mail gone. Hijacked by outlook!!! Now, I wouldn't care cause Aol now has that advertising that makes reading mail difficult, but my phone uses aol to pick up mail, and now when I go to my phone mail, my last 27 messages deleted right in front of my eyes and no longer gets mail.

    I then went to change outlook express aol to a pop 3 account, but then I could no longer send mail (this was the problem in the first place.) I put the port back to 25, still not working.

    I also have windows live, and I changed the port here to 587 as well,It now sends mail and I don't seem to have the hijack problem. Anyone have any thoughts?

    If I have repeated, I apologize. I just found your forum and haven't had a lot of read time!!!
    Thanks!

    sashusmom, Jul 31, 2009