    computer to open my Outlook. Will Repair Outlook help this problem? Does
    anyone know why this is happening? I have not downloaded anything new for it
    to change things.
    Joy Timmons, Feb 13, 2006

  2. Joy Timmons

    Margolotta Guest

    On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 16:21:15 +0000, Joy Timmons wrote
    (in article <%l2If.14924$>):

    > I have had a problem opening Outlook Express. When it open it I get a blank
    > white page and task manager tells me it is NOT responding. I have to reboot
    > computer to open my Outlook. Will Repair Outlook help this problem? Does
    > anyone know why this is happening? I have not downloaded anything new for it
    > to change things.

    How in Hades will repairing *OUTLOOK* fix a problem you are having with
    Outlook *EXPRESS*?! The two are mutually exclusive.

    Were you born this dense or have you had to work at it...?
    Margolotta, Feb 13, 2006

  3. Joy Timmons wrote:

    > I have had a problem opening Outlook Express. When it open it I get a
    > blank white page and task manager tells me it is NOT responding. I
    > have to reboot computer to open my Outlook. Will Repair Outlook help
    > this problem? Does anyone know why this is happening? I have not
    > downloaded anything new for it to change things.

    Please be sure to specify - and don't mix - the terms Outlook Express
    and Outlook. Mr Gates and crew should be shot for using the same word
    for both applications, which are totally dissimilar.

    You can try Add/Remove Programs -> Repair Outlook Express
    or you can go get a free, modern email client that does not have these
    kinds of problems.

    I'd recommend Thunderbird, as it works (appearance, etc) very much like
    the six-year-old Outhouse Distress, and it is certainly more secure.
    During installation, it will offer to import all of your OE mail and
    address books.
    http://mozilla.org/thunderbird/

    --
    -bts