    my mail but then when i switch the pc off, then on again the settings have
    changed again !!
    Any ideas ???
    Gerry, Nov 6, 2004

  2. Gerry wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Everytime I switch my pc on the settings in OE - 'incoming mail' (pop3)
    > change to this 127.0.0.1, i change it back to mail.btinternet.com to recieve
    > my mail but then when i switch the pc off, then on again the settings have
    > changed again !!
    > Any ideas ???

    Have you tried closing Outlook Express properly before restarting the PC?

    I tried doing a quick search on google for you but find nothing relevant
    to this. All I can think of is something not shutting down properly
    before the shut down of the PC.

    Yours Sincerely,
    Samuël ML Lison

    --
    DreamCities.net - A Community for All! (http://www.dreamcities.net)
    Jobs Available: http://business.dreamcities.net/jobs.html
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Samu=EBl_ML_Lison?=, Nov 6, 2004

  3. Gerry

    Thor Guest

    You either have an anti-spam filter program that requires those settings, or
    an antivirus program that uses those settings to scan your incoming mail.
    It's how such a program redirects the incoming mail to itself first, and
    then passes it to the email client via that localhost IP address.

    Thor, Nov 6, 2004
  4. Gerry

    Gerry Guest

    I have had the full Mcafee package running for 6 months, i haven't changed
    any settings it just started to do this last week !!!!????

    Gerry, Nov 6, 2004
  5. Gerry

    Thor Guest

    still you have some program that is setting that IP address so as to reroute
    your email through it before it gets to your email client. Try disabling
    email protection in Mcafee and see if you can change the server name, and
    make it stick. otherwise, start looking for a program that is running in the
    background that is changing your settings.

    Thor, Nov 6, 2004
  6. Gerry

    k35454 Guest

    "Gerry" <> wrote in message
    Hi,
    Everytime I switch my pc on the settings in OE - 'incoming mail' (pop3)
    change to this 127.0.0.1, i change it back to mail.btinternet.com to recieve
    my mail but then when i switch the pc off, then on again the settings have
    changed again !!
    Any ideas ???

    Try: Outlook Express>Tools>Options>Connection>Change>Settings>Proxy
    Service. UNCHECK. k35454
    k35454, Nov 6, 2004