  1. My inbox shows that there are 6 messages, but none are in the subject box.
    Anybody have a reason why this is happening? The deleted box has those
    messages and so does the sent box.
    Paul J. Veres, Dec 21, 2003

  2. Paul J. Veres

    Thor Guest

    The most likely reason is that you have set up a message rule that is moving
    the messages to those boxes upon receipt. Check your message rules.
    (tools/message rules/mail/)

    Thor, Dec 21, 2003

  3. I checked it and that's not the problem.

    Paul J. Veres, Dec 21, 2003
  4. Paul J. Veres

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Paul J. Veres" <> wrote in

    > I checked it and that's not the problem.
    >

    > "Thor" <> wrote in message
    >> The most likely reason is that you have set up a message rule that is

    > moving
    >> the messages to those boxes upon receipt. Check your message rules.
    >> (tools/message rules/mail/)
    >>

    >> ..
    >> "Paul J. Veres" <> wrote in message
    >> > My inbox shows that there are 6 messages, but none are in the
    >> > subject

    > box.
    >> > Anybody have a reason why this is happening? The deleted box has
    >> > those messages and so does the sent box.

    If you have no rules that are doing it, then the machine could be
    compromised with something that is sending out emails from your machine,
    since the emails made it to the *Send* folder and you didn't do the
    sending.

    One thing you can do to see if this is the case is set OE so that an
    email is held in the Outbox before it is sent. You would have to use the
    SEND/RECV button to finally send the email out of the Outbox.

    If you see a buildup of emails in the Outbox and you're not sending the
    emails, it could give you an indication on the situation.

    If you take the above approach, you can search Google on how you can set
    OE to use the SEND/RECV button.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Dec 21, 2003
  5. Paul J. Veres

    Trent© Guest

    On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 13:47:33 GMT, "Paul J. Veres"
    <> wrote:

    >My inbox shows that there are 6 messages, but none are in the subject box.

    What is a 'subject' box?

    >Anybody have a reason why this is happening? The deleted box has those
    >messages and so does the sent box.

    So...you have the exact same messages in 3 different folders?...

    Inbox
    Deleted
    Sent

    ?

    Wishing you and yours a happy holiday season...

    Trent

    Trent©, Dec 22, 2003
  6. Paul J. Veres

    LEO THOMPSON Guest

    Have you checked your blocked messages list.
    There was a time when I was waiting for a reply that never seemed to arrive.
    I checked my blocked senders list and that individual was on it. His
    messages were going to my deleted folder. I'm the only person on my comp.
    and I have never put anybody on my block senders list.
    Good luck

    LEO THOMPSON, Dec 23, 2003