    Alasdair Baxter, Nottingham, UK.Tel +44 115 9705100; Fax +44 115 9423263

    "It's not what you say that matters but how you say it.
    It's not what you do that matters but how you do it"

    Alasdair Baxter, Nov 24, 2004

  2. Alasdair Baxter

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Alasdair Baxter" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    |I copied my received emails to a folder on my document drive. One
    | email had 3 attachments but when I accessed it at the new location, it
    | only showed one attachment but there was a yellow line near the top of
    | the screen which said "OE removed access to the following unsafe
    | attachments in your mail: info.txt, clean.exe".
    |
    | Please, does anyone here know how to restore access to these
    | attachments. I cannot see how OE can deny me access to something it
    | considers unsafe; surely that is my decision.

    In OE click on Tools, Options, Security tab, set your preferences there.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 24, 2004

  3. Alasdair Baxter

    Sky King Guest

    Alasdair Baxter wrote:

    > the screen which said "OE removed access to the following unsafe
    > attachments in your mail: info.txt, clean.exe".
    >
    > Please, does anyone here know how to restore access to these
    > attachments. I cannot see how OE can deny me access to something it
    > considers unsafe; surely that is my decision.

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/trojan.downloader.aphe.html
    as just one example.

    OE is trying to protect you from yourself. Yeah, it is your decision. But
    if you override this and infest your sytem with these kinds of nasties,
    kindly unplug the system from the modem/phone-outlet/etc./world so you don't
    re-transmit this crap to the rest of us.

    --

    ....Sky

    =============

    Sky King, Nov 24, 2004
  4. Alasdair Baxter

    Gee Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    > | Please, does anyone here know how to restore access to these
    > | attachments.
    >
    > In OE click on Tools, Options, Security tab,.. .

    ....and uncheck "Do not allow attachemnts to be opened....blah blah"

    Gee, Nov 24, 2004
  5. On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 05:01:26 GMT, "Gee" <> wrote:

    >"Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> | Please, does anyone here know how to restore access to these
    >> | attachments.
    >>
    >> In OE click on Tools, Options, Security tab,.. .

    >...and uncheck "Do not allow attachemnts to be opened....blah blah"

    Thanks folks. All sorted now.

    Alasdair Baxter, Nov 24, 2004