    How do I fix it?

    I have already tried re-installing I.E. and Outlook Express.

    Andy

    Andy Wilson, Sep 7, 2003

  2. Yes Andy,
    I'm familiar with that problem.
    At least on a W98SE operating system in a network of 4 computers.
    As long as the workingstations are "on" then there's no problem but once I
    start with a total reset then the complete POP & SMTP addresses are gone and
    changed into 127.0.0.1
    Also the usernames and paswords are changed by then.
    I hope there is someone who can help you (and me) out of this stinky windows
    problem.
    (By the way. I know that the troublesmaker is inside Windows Office. But
    where? That's the question.)
    Gerard

    Gerard de Gooier, Sep 7, 2003

  3. "Andy Wilson" <> wrote in message
    > Help,
    >
    > Each time that I re-boot Outlook Express loses the POP3 setting and
    > substitutes loca network.
    >
    > Is this a known problem?
    >
    > How do I fix it?
    >
    > I have already tried re-installing I.E. and Outlook Express.
    >
    > Andy

    Are you running anti virus software ? The sometimes plays around with
    the settings

    Steven Pilbeam, Sep 7, 2003
  4. Andy Wilson

    Smirnoff Guest

    Steven Pilbeam wrote:
    > "Andy Wilson" <> wrote in message
    >> Help,
    >>
    >> Each time that I re-boot Outlook Express loses the POP3 setting and
    >> substitutes loca network.
    >>
    >> Is this a known problem?
    >>
    >> How do I fix it?
    >>
    >> I have already tried re-installing I.E. and Outlook Express.
    >>
    >> Andy
    >>

    > Are you running anti virus software ? The sometimes plays around with
    > the settings

    Whenever I used to get an update for my AV program it used to change
    server to local host. I just unchecked the POP3 scan option of AV by
    right clicking in task bar.

    Smirnoff, Sep 7, 2003
  5. Smirnoff said:
    >Whenever I used to get an update for my AV program it used to change
    >server to local host. I just unchecked the POP3 scan option of AV by
    >right clicking in task bar.

    Well it could be a possibillity I will try that out tomorrow. Because the
    problem is in the officecomputer.
    Backhome I use Norton AV (in a network too but ME) without any problems and
    at the I (have to) use Windows 98 SE with Office 97. ;-)) Don't dare to
    laugh at me!!! ;-)) I can't help it mysef either! ;-))

    Money makes the world (sometimes) go round. Yo know.
    Thanks anyway.
    Gerard

    Gerard de Gooier, Sep 7, 2003
  6. "Andy Wilson" <> wrote in news:M9D6b.9450
    $:

    > Help,
    >
    > Each time that I re-boot Outlook Express loses the POP3 setting and
    > substitutes loca network.
    >
    > Is this a known problem?

    Outlook Express doesn't work? Yes, that's a known problem.

    > How do I fix it?
    >
    > I have already tried re-installing I.E. and Outlook Express.

    Pegasus mail is free and much better than OE.

    Santiago Zawojski, Sep 7, 2003