    identity. I have created another identity and that is the same. My desktop
    always asked for the password when I closed the program and I never needed
    to log off. Any ideas?

    John, Jul 30, 2007

  2. John wrote:
    > On my laptop Sony Vaio Pgc-FR315M XP home, I have set a pasword for OE, but
    > it never asks for it when starting the program unless I log off the
    > identity. I have created another identity and that is the same. My desktop
    > always asked for the password when I closed the program and I never needed
    > to log off. Any ideas?

    Yes. What is your question?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 30, 2007

  3. John

    Mike Easter Guest

    John wrote:
    > On my laptop Sony Vaio Pgc-FR315M XP home, I have set a pasword for
    > OE, but it never asks for it when starting the program unless I log
    > off the identity. I have created another identity and that is the
    > same. My desktop always asked for the password when I closed the
    > program and I never needed to log off. Any ideas?

    See all of the settings in the Manage Identities function esp. Use this
    identity when starting a program & Use this identity when a program
    cannot ask you to choose an identity and the Properties of each id
    regarding the identity's password.

    Also, use OE help to see MS's explanation of the identity function,
    particularly identities - changing settings: "To change the identity
    that opens on startup, select an identity from the drop-down list. (If
    the check box is cleared, you will be prompted for the identity you want
    each time you open an identity-aware program.)"

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jul 30, 2007
  4. John

    John Guest

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > John wrote:
    >> On my laptop Sony Vaio Pgc-FR315M XP home, I have set a pasword for
    >> OE, but it never asks for it when starting the program unless I log
    >> off the identity. I have created another identity and that is the
    >> same. My desktop always asked for the password when I closed the
    >> program and I never needed to log off. Any ideas?

    > See all of the settings in the Manage Identities function esp. Use this
    > identity when starting a program & Use this identity when a program
    > cannot ask you to choose an identity and the Properties of each id
    > regarding the identity's password.
    >
    > Also, use OE help to see MS's explanation of the identity function,
    > particularly identities - changing settings: "To change the identity
    > that opens on startup, select an identity from the drop-down list. (If
    > the check box is cleared, you will be prompted for the identity you want
    > each time you open an identity-aware program.)"
    >

    > --
    > Mike Easter

    Mike, thanks for the reply.
    I have already tried this, but the only way I can get it to ask for a
    password is if I log off the account first.
    If I change properties it asks for the password, but after closing and
    restarting OE it does not.
    Very strange.

    John

    John, Jul 31, 2007
  5. John

    Dan C Guest

    On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 10:16:53 +0000, John wrote:

    > If I change properties it asks for the password, but after closing and
    > restarting OE it does not.
    > Very strange.

    What is very strange is why anyone would want to use a piece of shit like
    Outhouse Excuse in the first place...

    Dan C, Jul 31, 2007
  6. John

    Gordon Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message

    > "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    >> John wrote:
    >>> On my laptop Sony Vaio Pgc-FR315M XP home, I have set a pasword for
    >>> OE, but it never asks for it when starting the program unless I log
    >>> off the identity. I have created another identity and that is the
    >>> same. My desktop always asked for the password when I closed the
    >>> program and I never needed to log off. Any ideas?

    >> See all of the settings in the Manage Identities function esp. Use this
    >> identity when starting a program & Use this identity when a program
    >> cannot ask you to choose an identity and the Properties of each id
    >> regarding the identity's password.
    >>
    >> Also, use OE help to see MS's explanation of the identity function,
    >> particularly identities - changing settings: "To change the identity
    >> that opens on startup, select an identity from the drop-down list. (If
    >> the check box is cleared, you will be prompted for the identity you want
    >> each time you open an identity-aware program.)"

    See if this helps:

    http://www.insideoe.com/resources/tools.htm#forceid

    Gordon, Jul 31, 2007
  7. John

    Mike Easter Guest

    Gordon wrote:

    > See if this helps:
    >
    > http://www.insideoe.com/resources/tools.htm#forceid

    I forgot about pointing to Tom Koch's site. Koch has an excellent
    discussion on another page.

    http://www.insideoe.com/tips/forceid.htm Force Identity Logon - many
    who use them would like for OE always to ask for an Identity when the
    program starts. The "official" procedure is that every user must always
    close OE by clicking File| Exit and Log off Identity. This does indeed
    work, but is too easily forgotten, especially since the X-Close Window
    button is so handy. Here are two ways to force OE always to ask for an
    Identity when starting.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jul 31, 2007
  8. John

    Jordon Guest

    John wrote:
    > On my laptop Sony Vaio Pgc-FR315M XP home, I have set a pasword for OE, but
    > it never asks for it when starting the program unless I log off the
    > identity. I have created another identity and that is the same. My desktop
    > always asked for the password when I closed the program and I never needed
    > to log off. Any ideas?

    Pull down OE's file menu and look down near the bottom
    where it say... Exit and log off identity. If you use
    that to close OE it will always prompt you to log on
    the next time. That's just the way it is.

    They're not too bright in Redmond.

    --
    Jordon

    Jordon, Jul 31, 2007