    cbtwo Guest

    I just installed XP home on a new computer. Outlook express will not remember my password. I have to enter password each time to access mail and News wont let me download headers. I have removed and added the account, service pack 1 has been installed, but I can't solve the problem. Any ideas?

    Thank's...........cbtwo
    cbtwo, Sep 9, 2003

  2. In article <>, says...

    >I just installed XP home on a new computer. Outlook express will not
    >remember my password. I have to enter password each time to access mail
    >and News wont let me download headers. I have removed and added the
    >account, service pack 1 has been installed, but I can't solve the
    >problem. Any ideas?

    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3e3198ff$&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain

    Please don't post to Usenet in HTML. Change your preferences in OE to create mail and post
    in plain text.
    Another Airnet User, Sep 9, 2003

  3. cbtwo

    trout Guest

    cbtwo wrote:

    > I just installed XP home on a new computer. Outlook express will not
    > remember my password. I have to enter password each time to access
    > mail and News wont let me download headers. I have removed and added
    > the account, service pack 1 has been installed, but I can't solve the
    > problem. Any ideas?
    >
    > Thank's...........cbtwo

    (Please post in Plain Text. Tools - Options - Send; News Sending Format:
    plain text.)

    Check your accounts: Tools - Accounts - Mail/News tabs respectively.
    Properties; Server tab. Make sure your User Name and password are
    entered correctly, and that "remember Password is checked. Make sure
    "Logon using Secure Password Authentication" is *not* checked.
    --
    "A couple of possibilities."
    trout, Sep 10, 2003
  4. cbtwo

    c.rowlands4 Guest

    I have on mine; but I have the same problem & eventually gave up!
    "trout" <> wrote in message
    > cbtwo wrote:
    >
    > > I just installed XP home on a new computer. Outlook express will not
    > > remember my password. I have to enter password each time to access
    > > mail and News wont let me download headers. I have removed and added
    > > the account, service pack 1 has been installed, but I can't solve the
    > > problem. Any ideas?
    > >
    > > Thank's...........cbtwo

    > (Please post in Plain Text. Tools - Options - Send; News Sending Format:
    > plain text.)
    >
    > Check your accounts: Tools - Accounts - Mail/News tabs respectively.
    > Properties; Server tab. Make sure your User Name and password are
    > entered correctly, and that "remember Password is checked. Make sure
    > "Logon using Secure Password Authentication" is *not* checked.
    > --
    > "A couple of possibilities."

    ---
    c.rowlands4, Sep 13, 2003
  5. cbtwo

    "trout" <> wrote in message
    > cbtwo wrote:
    >
    > > I just installed XP home on a new computer. Outlook express will not
    > > remember my password. I have to enter password each time to access
    > > mail and News wont let me download headers. I have removed and added
    > > the account, service pack 1 has been installed, but I can't solve the
    > > problem. Any ideas?
    > >
    > > Thank's...........cbtwo

    > (Please post in Plain Text. Tools - Options - Send; News Sending Format:
    > plain text.)
    >
    > Check your accounts: Tools - Accounts - Mail/News tabs respectively.
    > Properties; Server tab. Make sure your User Name and password are
    > entered correctly, and that "remember Password is checked. Make sure
    > "Logon using Secure Password Authentication" is *not* checked.
    > --
    > "A couple of possibilities."

    ---
    c.rowlands4, Sep 13, 2003