    I finally got IE7 to work (I had to disable some of the addons). Please no
    replies that I should forget OE and move on to something else - I thoroughly
    like OE and have no wish to do that.

    kineton1, Mar 11, 2008

  2. kineton1

    Gazwad Guest

    kineton1 <>, the gumming-grifter and tightfisted choc jock
    who likes crude analingus with dromedary camels, and whose partner is a
    speedy-sister with an oversized gaping hole, wrote in
    <fr725h$83g$>:
    > Any ideas as to why my Outlook Express should come up with the message "No
    > connection is currently available....." sometimes when opening the
    > program?
    > The DSL connection I have is still connected to the server. As soon as I
    > click the "try again' button it is instantly connected again and remains
    > connected till when I reopen the program. It does not happen EVERY time
    > though. I recently installed IE7 on my XP and OE has played up this way
    > since. I figure it may just be a conflict but how to resolve?
    > Apart from this slight irritation OE runs smoothly and after a lot of
    > effort
    > I finally got IE7 to work (I had to disable some of the addons). Please no
    > replies that I should forget OE and move on to something else - I
    > thoroughly
    > like OE and have no wish to do that.

    Buy a router.

    is but a dream within a dream.

    Gazwad, Mar 11, 2008

  3. kineton1

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "kineton1" <> wrote in message
    > Any ideas as to why my Outlook Express should come up with the message "No
    > connection is currently available....." sometimes when opening the
    > program?
    > The DSL connection I have is still connected to the server. As soon as I
    > click the "try again' button it is instantly connected again and remains
    > connected till when I reopen the program. It does not happen EVERY time
    > though. I recently installed IE7 on my XP and OE has played up this way
    > since. I figure it may just be a conflict but how to resolve?
    > Apart from this slight irritation OE runs smoothly and after a lot of
    > effort
    > I finally got IE7 to work (I had to disable some of the addons). Please no
    > replies that I should forget OE and move on to something else - I
    > thoroughly
    > like OE and have no wish to do that.

    You could try posting to an OE NG at msnews.microsoft.com, which can be
    accessed via a browser.

    Mr. Arnold, Mar 12, 2008
  4. kineton1

    Mike Easter Guest

    kineton1 wrote:
    > Any ideas as to why my Outlook Express should come up with the
    > message "No connection is currently available....." sometimes when
    > opening the program? The DSL connection I have is still connected to
    > the server. As soon as I click the "try again' button it is
    > instantly connected again and remains connected till when I reopen
    > the program. It does not happen EVERY time though. I recently
    > installed IE7 on my XP and OE has played up this way since. I figure
    > it may just be a conflict but how to resolve?

    Traditionally OE (various 6 versions derived from IE6) has depended on
    IE's settings for its connectivity. OE/ Tools/ Options/ Connectivity
    tab - "OE shares your Internet Connection settings with Internet
    Explorer. Click the Change button to modify these settings"

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 12, 2008
  5. kineton1

    ded Guest

    "kineton1" <> wrote in message
    > Any ideas as to why my Outlook Express should come up with the message "No
    > connection is currently available....." sometimes when opening the
    > program?
    > The DSL connection I have is still connected to the server. As soon as I
    > click the "try again' button it is instantly connected again and remains
    > connected till when I reopen the program. It does not happen EVERY time
    > though. I recently installed IE7 on my XP and OE has played up this way
    > since. I figure it may just be a conflict but how to resolve?
    > Apart from this slight irritation OE runs smoothly and after a lot of
    > effort
    > I finally got IE7 to work (I had to disable some of the addons). Please no
    > replies that I should forget OE and move on to something else - I
    > thoroughly
    > like OE and have no wish to do that.

    In OE, Click: Tools>Options
    Then click the "Connection" tab
    Here you will find the settings for OE
    Listed will be your dial-up/cable/dsl etc
    Just ensure the default is the one you require,
    usually same as your browser.

    ded, Mar 12, 2008