    your ISP not the ones you have subscribed to. Typically 50K to 100K groups
    depending on what is up. I would like to be able to look in an excel sheet
    or similar at the groups. TIA Alan

    Alan, Mar 23, 2008

  2. I don't think tht list is stored locally, but if it is it will have a file
    extension of DBX

    Jeff Strickland, Mar 24, 2008

  3. Alan

    Guest

    On 23 Mar, 15:42, "Alan" <> wrote:
    > Hello does anyone know what file the newsgroup lists are kept in Outlook
    > Express. This would be the main list that shows all groups available from
    > your ISP not the ones you have subscribed to. Typically 50K to 100K groups
    > depending on what is up. I would like to be able to look in an excel sheet
    > or similar at the groups. TIA Alan

    I have not tested it but it appears to be stored in Folders.dbx
    I noticed the file grew after I added a newsgroup.

    To find any OE file, search for *.dbx But a better way..
    Tools...options..maintenance..."store folder"
    That tells you the directory. It is quite distinctive, partly random
    or random looking, and has the words "Application Data" in it.

    Infact, if you go here
    C:\Documents and Settings\Currentuser\Local Settings\Application Data
    \Identities
    Then double click that funny named subdirectory.
    you will prob see your files.

    replace "currentuser" with whoever you are currently logged on as.
    (or whichever user account/profile, OE is running in - as in from
    runas)

    , Mar 31, 2008