    I apologize if this e-mail was hard to understand.

    Thanks,

    Rosa

    Bluepill, Feb 7, 2004

  2. Bluepill

    Tim Kettring Guest

    In OE ( what you are using ) you can click " tools " " get the next 200
    headers "

    The only thing is that sometimes the posts are so old that they are no
    longer on the news-server....in that case you would have to use Google
    Groups ( web )

    "Bluepill" <> wrote in message
    > I am new to this and any help with this will be appreciated....
    >
    > I am using Outlook Express 6 to view newsgroup postings. I have my News
    > account and under it are listed all the groups that I subscribed to (ie.
    > alt.binaries.pc, alt.music etc). When I click on one of these groups, a
    > number appears to the right of the group name in parenthesis. I assume

    that
    > number is the number of posts or something like that. Anyway, over to the
    > right of the screen are the actual e-mail posts that people are sending

    in.
    > My question is, why can I only see 50 or 60 posts? What happened to
    > yesterdays? the day before? last months? etc. I do not have the "delete

    news

    Tim Kettring, Feb 7, 2004

  3. Bluepill

    pcbutts1 Guest

    In OE click tools>options>read tab>uncheck the box " Get XXX headers.

    pcbutts1, Feb 7, 2004
  4. Bluepill

    treehugger Guest

    "Bluepill" <> wrote in message news:_rYUb.127$...
    > I am new to this and any help with this will be appreciated....
    >
    > I am using Outlook Express 6 to view newsgroup postings. I have my News
    > account and under it are listed all the groups that I subscribed to (ie.
    > alt.binaries.pc, alt.music etc). When I click on one of these groups, a
    > number appears to the right of the group name in parenthesis. I assume that
    > number is the number of posts or something like that. Anyway, over to the
    > right of the screen are the actual e-mail posts that people are sending in.
    > My question is, why can I only see 50 or 60 posts? What happened to
    > yesterdays? the day before? last months? etc. I do not have the "delete news
    > messages" option checked nor do I have the "compact" option checked.
    >
    > I apologize if this e-mail was hard to understand.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Rosa

    Download your news from a group then right-click and select 'Catch-up'
    Go View>Current view>Show all messages
    Go Tools>Options>Maintenance tab and select how many days you want to keep messages before they are deleted

    HTH

    ---

    treehugger, Feb 7, 2004
  5. Bluepill

    lsj7 Guest

    Bluepill wrote:
    > I am new to this and any help with this will be appreciated....
    >
    > I am using Outlook Express 6 to view newsgroup postings.

    Well then go here

    Otherwise be prepared to be cussed out-flamed-shamed-kil-filed-and called
    many names of ill-repute. I was once a top poster but now I am found and
    see the light. Not because of the flames, but because of this fix site.

    ;-))

    --
    lsj7

    lsj7, Feb 7, 2004