    into my main directory on the desktop as if I had received it there?

    TIA

    Ron
    Big Ron, Jan 20, 2007

  2. Big Ron

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Big Ron wrote:
    > I have a laptop and a desktop, and use both at different times. I'd
    > like to copy occasional important email messages between the laptop
    > to the desktop without having to 'forward ' them online.
    >
    > Is there a way to copy a single OE message on the laptop and then
    > paste it into my main directory on the desktop as if I had received
    > it there?

    I think this will work: drag the email to your desktop (or a folder). Copy
    that email (or folder) to other PC (CD, flopy, memory stick, network, etc.)
    Drag the email (not the folder, the individual emails) into OE on the other
    computer.
    WhzzKdd, Jan 20, 2007

  3. Big Ron

    David Guest

    "WhzzKdd" <> wrote in message
    > Big Ron wrote:
    >> I have a laptop and a desktop, and use both at different times. I'd
    >> like to copy occasional important email messages between the laptop
    >> to the desktop without having to 'forward ' them online.
    >>
    >> Is there a way to copy a single OE message on the laptop and then
    >> paste it into my main directory on the desktop as if I had received
    >> it there?

    > I think this will work: drag the email to your desktop (or a folder). Copy
    > that email (or folder) to other PC (CD, flopy, memory stick, network,
    > etc.) Drag the email (not the folder, the individual emails) into OE on
    > the other computer.

    Outlook express is mentioned in this artical.
    http://www.computeractive.co.uk/pc-magazine/features/2133628/transferring-pc-part
    Please let us know how you went on if used, I've been keeping it incase I
    got your possition.

    --
    Regards,
    David

    Please reply to News Group
    David, Jan 20, 2007
  4. Big Ron

    Tab Guest

    "Big Ron" <> wrote in message
    >I have a laptop and a desktop, and use both at different times. I'd like
    >to copy occasional important email messages between the laptop to the
    >desktop without having to 'forward ' them online.
    >
    > Is there a way to copy a single OE message on the laptop and then paste it
    > into my main directory on the desktop as if I had received it there?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Ron

    Leaving a copy on the server would probably work for you.I do that but at
    the present moment I cant remember how .That way I get same emails on both
    computers.Maybe someone can advise you on that.

    Tab
    Tab, Jan 20, 2007
  5. Big Ron

    Tab Guest

    Tab, Jan 20, 2007
  6. Big Ron

    JANA Guest

    You can click on File and Save As... , and then save the message to a
    floppy, or memory stick. You can then take the media over to another
    computer. When double clicking on the message, it would open in OE. You can
    then save or copy it back where you want.

    If you have the two machines in a network, you can do the same by using a
    shared folder.

    --

    JANA
    _____