Outlook Express : message language as a condition for the rule

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Alex Vinokur, Jul 18, 2003.

  1. Alex Vinokur

    Alex Vinokur Guest

    Alex Vinokur, Jul 18, 2003

  2. Alex Vinokur

    °Mike° Guest

    <Followup-To set to 24hoursupport.helpdesk>

    Try this:

    Korean Spam Filter
    http://www.siue.edu/~jpogats/korea.html

    On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:13:31 +0300, in
    <bf92qt$c55mj$-berlin.de>
    Alex Vinokur scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 18, 2003

  3. "Michael Santovec" <> wrote in message
    > Not something that you can test directly in OE.
    >
    > I've found this Outlook Express Message Rule fairly effective with Asian

    spam

    > Apply this rule after the message arrives
    > Where the Subject line contains 'd' or '1' or '%' or '@' or 'G' or '$' or

    'F' or 'A' or
    > 'R'
    > Delete it
    > and Stop processing more rules
    >
    > If it misses a message, I copy/paste another unique character from the

    subject into the
    > rule.

    That's essentially one way to go, I guess. Another general principle applies
    to spam from Japan and Korea: characters in the subject often translate into
    capital 'A's with accents. Since no language that I can read uses accented
    capitals these are pretty good indicators.

    --
    James V. Silverton
    Potomac, Maryland, USA

    James Silverton, Jul 19, 2003
  4. Alex Vinokur

    Alex Vinokur Guest

    "Michael Santovec" <> wrote in message news:#...
    > Not something that you can test directly in OE.
    >
    > I've found this Outlook Express Message Rule fairly effective with Asian spam
    >
    > Apply this rule after the message arrives
    > Where the Subject line contains 'ä' or '±' or '¥' or 'À' or 'Ç' or '¤' or 'Æ' or 'Á' or
    > 'Ò'

    How can I do that?
    It seems that my keyboard doesn't contain 'ä', '±', '¥', 'À', 'Ç', '¤', 'Æ', 'Á', 'Ò'.

    > Delete it
    > and Stop processing more rules
    >
    > If it misses a message, I copy/paste another unique character from the subject into the
    > rule.

    [snip]

    --
    =====================================
    Alex Vinokur

    Alex Vinokur, Jul 19, 2003
  5. Alex Vinokur

    Alex Vinokur Guest

    "Michael Santovec" <> wrote in message news:#...
    > Not something that you can test directly in OE.
    >
    > I've found this Outlook Express Message Rule fairly effective with Asian spam
    >
    > Apply this rule after the message arrives
    > Where the Subject line contains 'ä' or '±' or '¥' or 'À' or 'Ç' or '¤' or 'Æ' or 'Á' or
    > 'Ò'
    > Delete it

    > and Stop processing more rules

    1. Is it important?
    2. How can I stop processing more rules?

    > If it misses a message, I copy/paste another unique character from the subject into the
    > rule.

    =====================================
    Alex Vinokur
    mailto:
    =====================================

    Alex Vinokur, Jul 19, 2003
  6. Alex Vinokur

    Brian H¹© Guest

    http://www.absey-vine.co.uk/helpdesk/oe.html

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror

    Brian H¹©, Jul 19, 2003
  7. Alex Vinokur

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Alex Vinokur said:

    > "Michael Santovec" <> wrote in message
    >> Not something that you can test directly in OE.
    >>
    >> I've found this Outlook Express Message Rule fairly effective with Asian spam
    >>
    >> Apply this rule after the message arrives
    >> Where the Subject line contains 'ä' or '±' or '¥' or 'À' or 'Ç' or '¤' or
    >> 'Æ' or 'Á' or 'Ò'
    >> Delete it

    >> and Stop processing more rules

    > 1. Is it important?
    > 2. How can I stop processing more rules?

    In Message Rules | Pane 2, scroll down to the third from last line.

    Brian H¹©, Jul 19, 2003
  8. Alex Vinokur

    Alex Vinokur Guest

    "Michael Santovec" <> wrote in message news:#...
    > Not something that you can test directly in OE.
    >
    > I've found this Outlook Express Message Rule fairly effective with Asian spam
    >
    > Apply this rule after the message arrives
    > Where the Subject line contains 'ä' or '±' or '¥' or 'À' or 'Ç' or '¤' or 'Æ' or 'Á' or
    > 'Ò'
    > Delete it

    It seems that the method works fine.
    Thanks.

    > and Stop processing more rules
    >
    > If it misses a message, I copy/paste another unique character from the subject into the
    > rule.

    [snip]

    --
    Alex Vinokur