    kinda irritating. Cannot for the life of me work out how to switch this big
    brother device OFF!! Could someone help me open a freakin' pdf file
    please!!!!!!!!!!!?
    Howard ALEXANDER, Sep 30, 2003

  2. Howard ALEXANDER

    Boomer Guest

    Howard ALEXANDER wrote:

    > OK - Since installing Windows Xtra Paranoid I have had a few
    > attachments that outlook express will not let me open as they
    > may pose a threat to world peace or something. Anyway, if I'm
    > expecting a file and cannot open it, it's kinda irritating.
    > Cannot for the life of me work out how to switch this big
    > brother device OFF!! Could someone help me open a freakin' pdf
    > file please!!!!!!!!!!!?

    Hopefully this will help.

    Can Not Open Attachments OE6

    OLEXP: Using Virus Protection Features in Outlook Express 6 (Q291387)
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;Q291387

    Tools> Options> Security Tab and uncheck the "Do not allow
    attachments
    to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" box.
    Boomer, Sep 30, 2003

  3. Howard ALEXANDER

    Jammer Guest

    Once again. Tools > Options > Security

    --
    Jammer :)

    In news:blcl0a$vj9$,
    Howard ALEXANDER <> typed: with a :)
    Jammer, Sep 30, 2003
  4. boy, how many people have this problem?
    this post has been scanned by McAfee virus scan. No virus detected.

    yellow submarine, Sep 30, 2003
  5. Howard ALEXANDER wrote:
    > OK - Since installing Windows Xtra Paranoid I have had a few
    > attachments that outlook express will not let me open as they may
    > pose a threat to world peace or something. Anyway, if I'm expecting a
    > file and cannot open it, it's kinda irritating. Cannot for the life
    > of me work out how to switch this big brother device OFF!! Could
    > someone help me open a freakin' pdf file please!!!!!!!!!!!?

    Try to not be so pompous and READ some posts about this (approx some TENS of
    THOUSANDS)

    --
    Google is your Friend
    gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Sep 30, 2003
  6. Howard ALEXANDER

    Boomer Guest

    yellow submarine wrote:

    > boy, how many people have this problem?
    > this post has been scanned by McAfee virus scan. No virus
    > detected.

    How did you scan that post?

    "Boomer" <> wrote in

    Boomer, Sep 30, 2003
  7. McAfee says it does it itself. It automatically added that sig. I have
    removed it.

    yellow submarine, Sep 30, 2003
  8. and
    means?

    yellow submarine, Sep 30, 2003
  9. yellow submarine wrote:
    > and
    > means?
    >
    > "Gordon Burgess-Parker" <> wrote in message
    >> Howard ALEXANDER wrote:
    >>> OK - Since installing Windows Xtra Paranoid I have had a few
    >>> attachments that outlook express will not let me open as they may
    >>> pose a threat to world peace or something. Anyway, if I'm expecting
    >>> a file and cannot open it, it's kinda irritating. Cannot for the
    >>> life of me work out how to switch this big brother device OFF!!
    >>> Could someone help me open a freakin' pdf file please!!!!!!!!!!!?

    >> Try to not be so pompous and READ some posts about this (approx some
    >> TENS of THOUSANDS)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Google is your Friend
    >> Email address deliberately false to avoid spam:
    >> gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
    >> www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

    >> http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
    >> -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

    Nothing to do with me!

    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Sep 30, 2003
  10. Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
    > yellow submarine wrote:
    >> and
    >> -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
    >> http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
    >> -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----
    >> means?
    >>
    >> "Gordon Burgess-Parker" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Try to not be so pompous and READ some posts about this (approx some
    >>> TENS of THOUSANDS)
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Google is your Friend
    >>> Email address deliberately false to avoid spam:
    >>> gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
    >>> www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

    >>> http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
    >>> -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

    > Nothing to do with me!

    that's interesting - must be my ISP adding that below my sig! never seen
    that before........

    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Sep 30, 2003
  11. Howard ALEXANDER

    Brian H¹© Guest

    yellow submarine said:

    > and
    > means?

    It means exactly what it says.

    Brian H¹©, Sep 30, 2003
  12. ok
    "

    yellow submarine, Sep 30, 2003
  13. Howard ALEXANDER

    PC Guest

    Re: Outlook Express is Paranoid! : Lateral Thinking

    "Howard ALEXANDER" <> wrote in message
    > OK - Since installing Windows Xtra Paranoid I have had a few attachments
    > that outlook express will not let me open as they may pose a threat to

    world
    > peace or something. Anyway, if I'm expecting a file and cannot open it,

    it's
    > kinda irritating. Cannot for the life of me work out how to switch this

    big
    > brother device OFF!! Could someone help me open a freakin' pdf file
    > please!!!!!!!!!!!?

    Job I was at yesterday the client complained of this problem which I fixed
    with the usual tools/security/untick..... for which they were thankfull.

    "It made it easier for them to read their Club newsletter"
    (in this case it was a .pdf also)

    So they had been reading them anyhow!!!!

    How?

    Open email with attachment,
    Forward,
    Open the now freely accessable (.pdf) attachment in the 'Forwarded' email.

    So much for MS's preventing the opening of emails that may contain a

    Yo'all have nice day now

    Paul
    PC, Sep 30, 2003