Outlook Express Help

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Peter, Aug 15, 2003.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    this quote is from charmed of Sat, 16 Aug 2003 17:18 :
    > Just set up my new comp and have set up outlook express and cant find the
    > spelling tab in the options, any ideas to get it back? Im asking for help
    > here-not a debate on the merits of microsoft or outlook express. Thanks in
    > advance

    I don't use OE, but a quick google search seems to indicate that OE doesn't
    come with spell check.
    http://www.billsway.com/notes_public/Fix_OE_SpellCheck.txt
    http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/spellcheck.htm

    Perhaps you might find some useful pointers with a search on google or
    google groups. (Google is real good - it runs on Linux, you know.)

    What OS does your new computer have?
    Do you have Word or Office or Excel installed?

    HTH

    Peter

    Peter, Aug 15, 2003

  2. Peter

    Kookaburra Guest

    On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 22:18:14 -0700, "charmed" <>
    wrote:

    >Just set up my new comp and have set up outlook express and cant find the
    >spelling tab in the options, any ideas to get it back? Im asking for help
    >here-not a debate on the merits of microsoft or outlook express. Thanks in
    >advance
    >
    >Mel

    I've never had the Spelling tab missing in OE but I found I had to
    download the csapi3t1.dll and place it in the folder "Program
    Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof" for the spell check to work
    in XP

    http://www.tech-pro.co.uk/index.html

    Could check out http://lists.gpick.com/pages/IE~OE_Tools.htm

    Kookaburra, Aug 15, 2003

  3. Peter

    Kookaburra Guest

    On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 23:06:04 -0700, "charmed" <>
    wrote:

    >Thanks so much for that-on my last computer I had MS Office installed and
    >the spelling tab was in the options-I didn't realize it wasn't a standard
    >feature of OE, anyway I have downloaded the OE spell tool and everything is
    >working fine,
    >
    >Thanks again and hope you all have a nice weekend :O)
    >
    >Mel

    Glad you got it working. I didn't realise without the MS software the
    spelling tab was missing. It's a good day when you learn something
    new. Thanks. :eek:))

    Have a good weekend yourself.

    Cheers, Kooky

    Kookaburra, Aug 15, 2003
  4. Peter

    David Guest

    > >Thanks again and hope you all have a nice weekend :O)
    > >
    > >Mel

    > Glad you got it working. I didn't realise without the MS software the
    > spelling tab was missing. It's a good day when you learn something
    > new. Thanks. :eek:))
    >
    > Have a good weekend yourself.
    >
    > Cheers, Kooky

    I'll add my thanks here too, had the same problem and all MS Knowledge base
    could say was a registry problem and showed the fix which did not help -
    your fix did. Thanks.

    David

    charmed, Aug 16, 2003
  6. Peter