    Hope someone can help.
    Thanks
    malice

    malice, Oct 29, 2005

  2. malice

    Toolman Tim Guest

    malice wrote:
    > Hello
    > I have XP pro - outlook express.
    > When I click on a link in an e-mail message, it just sits there. Nothing
    > happens. I used to be able to do this. What have I done?
    > Hope someone can help.
    > Thanks
    > malice

    First reference is from The Elder Geek:
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/links_do_not_work_in_outlook_express.htm

    The second is from the Lockergnome:
    http://help.lockergnome.com/lofiversion/index.php/t601.html

    Those two usually take care of the problem. Post back with your results...

    like an idiot.

    Toolman Tim, Oct 29, 2005

  3. malice

    malice Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > malice wrote:
    >> Hello
    >> I have XP pro - outlook express.
    >> When I click on a link in an e-mail message, it just sits there. Nothing
    >> happens. I used to be able to do this. What have I done?
    >> Hope someone can help.
    >> Thanks
    >> malice

    > First reference is from The Elder Geek:
    > http://www.theeldergeek.com/links_do_not_work_in_outlook_express.htm
    >
    > The second is from the Lockergnome:
    > http://help.lockergnome.com/lofiversion/index.php/t601.html
    >
    > Those two usually take care of the problem. Post back with your results...

    Thanks Tim......
    I downloaded theeldergeek.....they found lots of problems, but when I tried
    to get them fixed, a window came up & said my version of Bug Doctor is
    corrently locked. Order the unlock key. But then it wouldn't let me order
    it. So now I will try the 2nd one you recommended.
    Thanks again.
    malice

    malice, Oct 30, 2005
  4. malice

    Toolman Tim Guest

    malice wrote:
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> malice wrote:
    >>> Hello
    >>> I have XP pro - outlook express.
    >>> When I click on a link in an e-mail message, it just sits there.
    >>> Nothing happens. I used to be able to do this. What have I done?
    >>> Hope someone can help.
    >>> Thanks
    >>> malice

    >> First reference is from The Elder Geek:
    >> http://www.theeldergeek.com/links_do_not_work_in_outlook_express.htm
    >>
    >> The second is from the Lockergnome:
    >> http://help.lockergnome.com/lofiversion/index.php/t601.html
    >>
    >> Those two usually take care of the problem. Post back with your
    >> results...

    > Thanks Tim......
    > I downloaded theeldergeek.....they found lots of problems, but when I
    > tried to get them fixed, a window came up & said my version of Bug
    > Doctor is corrently locked. Order the unlock key. But then it
    > wouldn't let me order it. So now I will try the 2nd one you
    > recommended. Thanks again.
    > malice

    That was an ADVERTISEMENT. You were supposed to read the INFORMATION and do
    what it says, not load someone else's stuff into your computer.

    If that program found "problems" you might have problems, or you might not.
    I'd suggest you use THESE tools to check for problems, not one that's
    advertising in banners on websites.

    Spybot Search & Destroy

    Ad-Aware SE

    SpywareBlaster

    (all three of the above can be downloaded from http://download.com)

    Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta for XP

    <Http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en>

    or http://tinyurl.com/6fuq4

    Download each, update it, run it. Update and run each one about once a week,
    just like your anti-virus software (you *do* have anti-virus software
    installed and updated, don't you?)

    ==========

    Hosts file:

    http://www.everythingisnt.com/hosts.html

    Be sure to sign up for the update notices - this guy is honest and doesn't

    send out any spam.

    like an idiot.

    Toolman Tim, Oct 30, 2005
  5. malice

    Mike Easter Guest

    malice wrote:
    > "Toolman Tim"
    >> malice wrote:

    >>> When I click on a link in an e-mail message, it just sits there.
    >>> Nothing happens.

    >> http://www.theeldergeek.com/links_do_not_work_in_outlook_express.htm

    <snip>
    Links Do Not Work in Outlook Express
    Problem: When you receive an e-mail with an embedded link to a site it
    will not open when you click the link.

    Solution: This is usually associated with text links although it can
    occur just as easily when you click a graphic that is hyperlinked. In
    most cases this is caused by pop up stopper software that has been
    installed. Disable or uninstall the pop up stopper and see if it solves
    the problem.
    </snip>

    > I downloaded theeldergeek....

    Huh?

    > .they found lots of problems,

    Uhhhh....

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Oct 30, 2005
  6. malice

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > malice wrote:

    >>> http://www.theeldergeek.com/links_do_not_work_in_outlook_express.htm

    > <snip>
    > Links Do Not Work in Outlook Express
    > Problem: When you receive an e-mail with an embedded link to a site it
    > will not open when you click the link.
    >
    > Solution: This is usually associated with text links although it can
    > occur just as easily when you click a graphic that is hyperlinked. In
    > most cases this is caused by pop up stopper software that has been
    > installed. Disable or uninstall the pop up stopper and see if it
    > solves the problem.
    > </snip>
    >
    >> I downloaded theeldergeek....

    > Huh?
    >
    >> .they found lots of problems,

    > Uhhhh....

    My thoughts exactly <g>

    like an idiot.

    Toolman Tim, Oct 30, 2005
  7. malice

    ellis_jay Guest

    malice wrote:
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> malice wrote:
    >>> Hello
    >>> I have XP pro - outlook express.
    >>> When I click on a link in an e-mail message, it just sits there.
    >>> Nothing happens. I used to be able to do this. What have I done?
    >>> Hope someone can help.
    >>> Thanks
    >>> malice

    >> First reference is from The Elder Geek:
    >> http://www.theeldergeek.com/links_do_not_work_in_outlook_express.htm
    >>
    >> The second is from the Lockergnome:
    >> http://help.lockergnome.com/lofiversion/index.php/t601.html
    >>
    >> Those two usually take care of the problem. Post back with your
    >> results...

    > Thanks Tim......
    > I downloaded theeldergeek.....they found lots of problems, but when I
    > tried to get them fixed, a window came up & said my version of Bug
    > Doctor is corrently locked. Order the unlock key. But then it
    > wouldn't let me order it. So now I will try the 2nd one you
    > recommended.
    > Thanks again.
    > malice
    >>
    >> --
    >> There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking
    >> like an idiot.

    Bug Doctor, and many other programs, will find stuff you don't have for the
    purpose of ordering programs for $$$. This kind of approach gets people
    worried that they have all kinds of stuff like Deepthroat or Stacheldraht or
    win32.kuang or win32.narcs or some other false positives just to sucker you.

    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_oe.htm#xp_ie_hyperlink

    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_oe.htm

    Ellis_jay

    ellis_jay, Oct 30, 2005