    incorrect user name and password. Using new user name and old user name
    . Passwork karen01

    Please help
    Karen McIntosh, Aug 7, 2005

  2. Karen McIntosh

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Karen McIntosh" <SNIPPED> wrote in message
    > Recently connected to Broadband. Have checked through 10.1.1.1 everything
    > connected properly. When logging onto Outlook erro message says that I
    > have incorrect user name and password. Using new user name and old user
    > name <SNIPPED>
    >
    > Please help

    You probably don't need the full email address for the login, just the user
    name (the stuff before the @).

    When you *DO* get your connection working, you'd better change that user
    name and password. You just posted it in a worldwide newsgroup for anyone in
    the world to read. And your email address is right there for all the
    spambots (email address collection programs) to get on their list for junk
    email.

    If you are going to use newsgroups (Usenet), then you need to know this:

    Email Address Munging
    WHY: http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html
    HOW: http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html
    MORE: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/net-abuse-faq/spam-faq/
    I'd suggest you add a ".invalid" to the end of your new fake email address
    where it's listed in your account settings. In Outlook Express, click on
    Tools, Accounts, then the News Tab. Select your news server, then click on
    Properties. On the General tab, go to the Email address and add the .invalid
    at the end of the address.
    Toolman Tim, Aug 7, 2005

  3. Karen McIntosh

    Mike Easter Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > "Karen McIntosh"

    >> When logging onto Outlook erro
    >> message says that I have incorrect user name and password. Using
    >> new user name and old user name <SNIPPED>

    > You probably don't need the full email address for the login, just
    > the user name (the stuff before the @).

    Yep, that's right.

    Screenshots for OE http://www.xtra.co.nz/help/0,,5739-788770,00.html

    --