    Ralph Wiggam Guest

    Is it possible to just d/l the "email subjects" only??...thus i can then
    decide to emails to fully d/l.
    Ralph Wiggam, Jul 17, 2003

  2. Ralph Wiggam

    Kookaburra Guest

    On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:08:14 +1200, Ralph Wiggam <>
    wrote:

    >Is it possible to just d/l the "email subjects" only??...thus i can then
    >decide to emails to fully d/l.

    I would suggest you use Popcorn to see what's on your server. Delete
    any unwanted emails directly using Popcorn then download the rest
    using OE. It's only 123kb and you don't need to install it.

    Latest release was 9 July 2003

    http://www.ultrafunk.com/products/popcorn/

    Works as a client/server application, reading mail "directly" from
    POP3 servers, including those that require APOP MD5 secure
    authentication.

    Ideal for cleaning up POP3 accounts, removing spam, unwanted mail,
    large attachments etc...
    Immune to all forms of e-mail attachment and HTML
    viruses/scripts/trojans etc...
    Built-in mail editor enables you to compose and send new mail, reply
    to, forward and re-direct received mail using SMTP or (E)SMTP with
    authentication.
    Fits easily on a floppy or other portable (even read only) media,
    making it easy to carry around at all times.

    Cheers, Kooky
    Kookaburra, Jul 17, 2003

  3. "Ralph Wiggam" <> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to just d/l the "email subjects" only??...thus i can then
    > decide to emails to fully d/l.

    Not with Outlook Express and a POP3 mail server. You can if your email
    server is an IMAP one, I think. "Mailwasher" lets you delete messages from
    the server before you get them.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Jul 17, 2003
  4. Ralph Wiggam

    Kookaburra Guest

    On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 15:37:56 +1200, "Nicholas Sherlock"
    <> wrote:

    >Not with Outlook Express and a POP3 mail server. You can if your email
    >server is an IMAP one, I think. "Mailwasher" lets you delete messages from
    >the server before you get them.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >Nicholas Sherlock

    Yes you can delete directly with Mailwasher. I think you can still
    get the free version. I use Mailwasher Pro and apart from the option
    of bouncing emails which I don't use.

    Free Popcorn gives you more as it is a stand alone email client which
    works directly from your server. Fits on a floppy and can be used on
    any computer. Great when you're travelling as you can send and reply
    to emails using it.

    Cheers, Kooky
    Kookaburra, Jul 17, 2003
  5. Ralph Wiggam

    Rider Guest

    > Is it possible to just d/l the "email subjects" only??...thus i can then
    > decide to emails to fully d/l.

    Might be easier to just use your ISP's webmail system. If you're with Xtra
    go to http://xtramail.xtra.co.nz , login and delete the unwanted emails and
    then use Outlook Express to get the rest and empty your inbox. Doesnt take
    long and you dont need to learn any new software. HTH

    Rider
    Rider, Jul 17, 2003
  6. Ralph Wiggam

    Matt B Guest

    In news:,
    Kookaburra <galah@*ubdimen*ion.com> wrote:
    > On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:08:14 +1200, Ralph Wiggam <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Is it possible to just d/l the "email subjects" only??...thus i can
    >> then decide to emails to fully d/l.

    > I would suggest you use Popcorn to see what's on your server. Delete
    > any unwanted emails directly using Popcorn then download the rest
    > using OE. It's only 123kb and you don't need to install it.
    >
    > Latest release was 9 July 2003
    >
    > http://www.ultrafunk.com/products/popcorn/
    >

    > Works as a client/server application, reading mail "directly" from
    > POP3 servers, including those that require APOP MD5 secure
    > authentication.
    >
    > Ideal for cleaning up POP3 accounts, removing spam, unwanted mail,
    > large attachments etc...
    > Immune to all forms of e-mail attachment and HTML
    > viruses/scripts/trojans etc...
    > Built-in mail editor enables you to compose and send new mail, reply
    > to, forward and re-direct received mail using SMTP or (E)SMTP with
    > authentication.
    > Fits easily on a floppy or other portable (even read only) media,
    > making it easy to carry around at all times.
    >
    > Cheers, Kooky

    Gotta agree - I've been using Popcorn for years, always have a floppy with
    the exe and my INI
    Been slack at checking newer versions but - does it store addies now? I know
    it was planned...

    --
    Regards,

    Matt B
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people.
    Those who get binary...
    And those who don't.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Matt B, Jul 17, 2003
  7. Ralph Wiggam

    Matt B Guest

    In news:bf6232$imh$,
    Thor <> wrote:
    > Around %D Matt B Spake of :
    >

    >>> I would suggest you use Popcorn to see what's on your server.
    >>> Delete any unwanted emails directly using Popcorn then download the
    >>> rest using OE. It's only 123kb and you don't need to install it.
    >>>
    >>> Latest release was 9 July 2003
    >>>
    >>> http://www.ultrafunk.com/products/popcorn/
    >>>

    > Or you could go for a good kiwi product pegasus that does both..

    You're quoting me, but that's not what I wrote :-/

    BTW, ever tried to fit Pegasus on a floppy - and run it from there?

    --
    Regards,

    Matt B
    There are 10 types of people.