    For some reason Outlook Express will no longer let me delete any messages
    any suggestions please.

    John

    JOHN LEY, Mar 1, 2005

  2. JOHN LEY

    Old Gringo Guest

    JOHN LEY wrote:
    > For some reason Outlook Express will no longer let me delete any messages
    > any suggestions please.
    >
    > John

    ? Empty the deleted messages folder ?

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Mar 1, 2005

  3. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 1, 2005
  4. JOHN LEY

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 14:11:10 -0000, "JOHN LEY" <> wrote:

    >For some reason Outlook Express will no longer let me delete any messages
    >any suggestions please.

    Delete Outlook Express.

    >John

    -Barry
    ========

    Barry OGrady, Mar 1, 2005
  5. JOHN LEY

    JOHN LEY Guest

    It wont put anything in the deleted messages folder thanks for trying Gringo

    JOHN LEY, Mar 2, 2005
  6. JOHN LEY

    Gordon Guest

    JOHN LEY wrote:
    || It wont put anything in the deleted messages folder thanks for

    Which probably means you have a corrupted Deleted items folder.

    Corrupted Mail folder:

    Courtesy of Bruce Hagen:
    Tools>Options>Maintenance>Store folder will reveal the location
    of your Outlook Express files. Press the Tab key to highlight the
    folder location, then Ctrl+C. Close OE, then Start>Run>Ctrl+V will
    put the location in the box - Click OK and you'll see the OE files.
    Otherwise, write the location down and navigate to it in Windows
    Explorer.

    In WindowsXP, the OE user files (DBX and WAB) are by default
    marked as hidden. To view these files in Explorer, you must enable
    Show Hidden Files and Folders under Start>Control Panel>Folder
    Options>View.

    With OE closed, find the DBX file for the folder in
    question {Deleted Items.dbx} and delete it. A new one will be created
    automatically when you open OE.

    Do not archive mail on default OE folders. They will eventually
    become corrupted. Create your own user defined folders for storing
    mail and move your mail to them. Empty Deleted Items folder
    regularly.

    After you are done, follow up by compacting your folders manually
    while working *offline* and do it often.

    File>Work Offline (or double click Working Online in the Status Bar).
    File>Folder>Compact all folders.

    In Tools>Options>Maintenance: Uncheck Compact messages in background
    and leave it unchecked.

    Gordon Burgess-Parker
    Director
    www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

    Gordon, Mar 2, 2005
  7. JOHN LEY

    dollygeo

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Outlook express>delete

    START>FIND>enter 'delete*' in name (with the asteric) search in :c
    RIGHT CLICK on Deleted Items.dbx
    RENAME 'Deleted Items.dbx' > Deleted Items.dbxold
    Outlook express will make a new 'Deleted Items.dbx'

    Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
    dollygeo, Apr 15, 2007