  1. Is there anyway I can unpack or read .DBX files? I like to save all
    newsgroup files which I have read. It looks like whenever I am in a
    Newsgroup and download postings they are stored in a .DBX file. Thanks Ray
    Raymond Donzdorf, Jul 26, 2004

  2. Raymond Donzdorf

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jul 26, 2004

  3. Raymond Donzdorf

    no-name Guest

    "Raymond Donzdorf" <> wrote in message
    news:5meNc.15092$...
    > Is there anyway I can unpack or read .DBX files? I like to save all
    > newsgroup files which I have read. It looks like whenever I am in a
    > Newsgroup and download postings they are stored in a .DBX file.
    > Thanks Ray

    the .dbx format is proprietary to Microsoft
    the only non-Microsoft software I've encountered that reads it are:

    dbx Extract
    ForKeeps

    dbx Extract is the one that more people will be familiar with
    and is intended more for extracting individual messages
    at least it was back when I tried it :)

    ForKeeps can read all of the messages in multiple .dbx files
    ( as well as being able to read files in other formats )
    and extract them to its own relational database files
    in which individual messages can be sorted and manipulated

    as to which is more appropriate...
    it depends on how many messages per newsgroup
    you want to retain

    dbx Extract allows you to extract individual messages
    whereas ForKeeps will extract the messages, and organize them
    for future use...

    obviously I like ForKeeps :)

    so I think I better make it clear that I have no connection
    with the developers of ForKeeps except as a satisfied customer

    it was the only app available when I was trying to organise
    a ridiculous number of usenet postings taken from multiple
    ..dbx files and as far as I know it remains the only one of its kind

    http://www.fkeeps.com/forkeeps.htm
    no-name, Jul 27, 2004
  4. Raymond Donzdorf

    JamesBenson Guest

    As far as I could see, mike's mum is his dad and vica versa, well I was
    stood next to them

    JamesBenson, Jul 29, 2004
  5. Raymond Donzdorf

    zlatan24

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2007
    Messages:
    3
    There is a software outlook express dbx extractor recover and extact dbx files. Also it able supported *.dbx file formats: MS Outlook Express 5, 5.5, 6, know how to repair in a Batch mode (include dbx 2Gb files).
    zlatan24, Jun 21, 2007
  6. Raymond Donzdorf

    mohitstellar

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Here you can try Stellar Outlook Express Repair software which is an excellent software to repair & extract corrupt Outlook Express DBX files effectively. Outlook Express Repair tool successfully repair corrupt or damaged dbx files and recover objects like email, contacts, notes, tasks and journals.
    mohitstellar, Jan 24, 2011